What's new

"Cremo" shaving cream experience?

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows of or has used "Cremo" shaving cream? It's sold in a squeeze tube at places like Wal Mart and Target, and they have red normal and blue cooling varieties. After I give my face a little rest I'm going to try it out. It says all over the bottle it's "different" and there's even a label when you unscrew the cap to remove the foil on it that says "read the directions, I'm not normal shaving product" or something like that. Has anyone used it and have tips for success?

Thanks.

I have the menthol(blue). I think it is OK. The way I use it, I take some on my finger and load my face with it. Then I load my brush with the soap I want to use and shave. It offers good performance but I honestly like Art of Shaving Pepperming better(at 4x the cost).

Rub skin with the hottest water you can stand for 30 seconds. Cremo is highly concentrated and water activated. Massage enough cream onto your wet skin until a light lather forms. Less is often best. Shave. Add water as needed to keep it slippery, effective and easy to rinse from razor.
Reapply to the skin you want to re-shave. It’s so effective, most users can comfortably shave against the grain for an even closer, longer-lasting shave.

I have a tube of it....I bought it last year to bring with me when I travel (in FLA for a month right now), but I didn't like it for the reasons others have mentioned above: it doesn't work up into a very thick lather, and it tends to dry out on your face in a hurry (however, re-wetting your face does at least make it slippery again); also, it tends to clog up my DE razor, so I have to open it slightly every time I rinse to get the residue off the blade. In its defense, I have never tried using a brush with it, and as somebody else mentioned, it might make a good pre-shave. That's probably how I'll use it up.

What I have discovered this trip though is that Proraso in a tube is super easy to face lather with my synthetic travel brush, so I'll stick with that method....getting great and fast shaves with it!

I have the red and rarely use it. If I do, it is usually as a pre shave. It smells great to me but I prefer to use a brush and Cremo is not meant for a brush as it is extremely sensitive to water. I have used it on it's own just using my hands and it is very slock but no cushion whatsoever. I have also built a lather but it takes a lot of product. Honestly, just get something like Proraso and be done with it :)

I don't like it. It's slippery but doesn't lather up, so I can't see where I've already shaved and get confused. More importantly, there other inexpensive products I like better, so I can't see the point of my using Cremo.

I like Cremo Cooling. The normal Cremo is a bit blah for me.

The way I use it is to rub a decent amount on my face, wet my hands and then rub that water into the cremo. Let sit for a minute or two and proceed to shave. Easy peasy.

What's on your list of other inexpensive products?

Arko stick, Palmolive stick or cream, LaToja stick, and Williams soap all work OK for me. They aren't my favorites, but I use them if I'm traveling and keep them around just cuz I'm cheap. In fact, I'm so cheap I have a container with grated Dove soap packed into it. It works surprisingly well as a shave soap, and it costs about the same as Williams (i.e. not much). I tried Cremo twice, and I didn't like it as well as any of those 5 inexpensive alternatives. But obviously people like it, or it wouldn't sell. So as always YMMV.

Top Bottom