What's new

The Great Delurking PIF - Den Startup Package

Hey folks:

I lurked on Badger & Blade for a while before deciding to jump in, so I know that sometimes it's hard to start participating if you're still figuring out what's happening around here.

So I would like to offer a complete set of gear as encouragement to become an active participant in B&B. I've pulled together the following package that will help anyone start down the rabbit hole path of wet shaving.

• Razorock Jaws razor
  • a tuck of Dorco blades
  • a tuck of Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades (aka "India Blacks")
  • Omega S-Brush
  • Wet Shaving Products Formula T Soap (Matterhorn scent) - partially used. It's a great soap but I think I've overdosed on the scent.
  • Cella soap sample
  • Stirling Sharp Dressed Man aftershave sample
  • Captain's Choice North aftershave sample

$IMG_4010.jpg

It's easy to enter this giveaway.

1) Post here saying "I'm in."
2) Introduce yourself in the Hall of Fame
3) Post another "substantive" post somewhere in B&B. Make a comment, ask a question, tell a joke. Just about any type of post will work.

This PIF will be open through Sunday January 22. On the 23rd I'll have random.com choose a person. If that person has the required posts, she or he will receive the kit. If not, I'll rerun the random selection until I find the winner.

I guess I'll have to add a few strings to this.
  • I'll ship for free within the U.S. If someone outside the U.S. wants to enter, I'm fine with that as long as they agree to pick up the difference in shipping.
  • Because this PIF is intended to help out new shavers, I'd appreciate it if those who have most of a basic kit would refrain from entering. (I'll have several more PIFs of different types in the next few months).

Thanks, welcome, and good luck!

Great PIF!! I don't qualify unless you would let me enter for my 14 year old son, if so I'm (he's) in, if not, no problem.

Awesome PIF, not in as I recently received my starter set from Italian Barber thanks to the advice I received on here. It is very generous of you to do this for someone.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Bob:
Not in, but what a outstanding and awesome PIF for our 'perspective' Ex-Lurkers (we kindly thank you for your guest participation btw)! :thumbsup:

However, I must simply implore from our perspectives' to dis-engage their 'lurking devices' and become a full members (another one comes out from the mist)!
proxy.php

attachment.php
Psst, can you spot the New Member Armada
proxy.php

[FONT=&amp]
proxy.php
"The greatest [pif] is a portion of thyself". Ralph Waldo Emerson [/FONT]

This is really cool! Thanks for doing this.
Not in

"Never trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment."

Sent from the GnomePhone

Thanks everyone. Now all we need is some folks who want to be in!
[MENTION=108024]mayer57619[/MENTION] - because I was hoping to give this PIF to a new B&B member, I think I'm going to have to say your son and you are ineligible unless he joins B&B. But if we don't get anymore else, I'll be happy to PIF this to your son.

Looks like we have a winner in this small group :001_smile - [MENTION=113963]cerickson94[/MENTION].

I'll probably do another one of these later this year. Thanks!

Thanks so much! I look forward to trying them out!

I'd like to try to give my thoughts/"review" on the items. But, as a newbie, it may take a while to get technique down and be able to notice differences to give my thoughts.

Thanks so much! I look forward to trying them out!

I'd like to try to give my thoughts/"review" on the items. But, as a newbie, it may take a while to get technique down and be able to notice differences to give my thoughts.

First impressions: I really like the soap. Compared to the Proraso with the heavy menthol I really like WSP. I think I'm discovering my lather might be a little dry. I've noticed after I pass the razor over, the skin has no slickenss left. The Gillettes seemed to work well. It was my least bloody shave yet, although that could just be the benefit of honing technique.

Top Bottom