What's new

Butane insert for Zippo-Slim

I see all kinds of inserts for the regular zippo, was hoping to get my hand on one for the slim. It seems that they have some in Germany, but its near impossible to get one to the US. I'd prefer the wheel, but will settle for a push button. Anyone have any suggestions?

I did not know they had these!! I will keep a look for a slum as I figure if this is a solution to my lighter search

Edit: wonder what the fuel capacity in a slim would be though...

Last edited:
If I had a full size zippo, I'd buy one of these: Amazon Link. You still have the feel of a zippo with the wheel and flint, but using butane so the lighter fluid doesn't evaporate out when it is not in use, making it last a lot longer. They also have a pipe version: Amazon.

My problem is that I just like the size of the slim so much better. As far as fuel capacity of the slim, I'm not sure. But I am pretty sure that given how rare I use it, it would last a lot longer than the lighter fluid version.

I got a similar lighter from P&C recently. It was either their own brand, or Decatur. It's a Zippo style lighter, but the guts are different. It uses butane, but creates a soft yellow flame rather than an intense blue flame. The flame strength is adjustable. I find I like it a lot better than the traditional Zippo.

Order placed for the pipe insert, I'll review once I have it. I lost my original pipe zippo 20 some years ago. It was my favorite - Steal Your Face lighter

I got a similar lighter from P&C recently. It was either their own brand, or Decatur. It's a Zippo style lighter, but the guts are different. It uses butane, but creates a soft yellow flame rather than an intense blue flame. The flame strength is adjustable. I find I like it a lot better than the traditional Zippo.
Looks like it is the Z-plus, comes with P&C or others $15-20 looks nice

$IMAG1543.jpg$IMAG1548.jpg
So this seems very promising. It is a very tight fit, easy to insert, difficult to remove. Hopefully after removing it a filling several times it does not get damaged . I have it set just below half way which seems to be the best spot. I use it later today and report back

We may never know...
I thought I'd lost it already fell under my seat in my car but I looked and could not find it - It is a brand new car so has not had time to fill up with junk so should have been easy to find.

Just found it a minute ago :blushing:

This has completely answered my light needs/fix, I love it just need several more so I can rotate my zippos.

Would love a slim so I could use the one that was from my dad.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This has completely answered my light needs/fix, I love it just need several more so I can rotate my zippos.

Would love a slim so I could use the one that was from my dad.
I have lit my share of pipes with the standard Zippo insert and filled with Zippo fluid. Just light it, let it burn for a second or two, then take care when applying the flame. None of my Zippos have a pipe insert, and care will prevent the scorched rim. Don't do it in windy conditions, because the flame will jump around but not go out. I once had a slim, it did a good job. There is no reason why you can't use it- it is a connection to your father.

I have lit my share of pipes with the standard Zippo insert and filled with Zippo fluid. Just light it, let it burn for a second or two, then take care when applying the flame. None of my Zippos have a pipe insert, and care will prevent the scorched rim. Don't do it in windy conditions, because the flame will jump around but not go out. I once had a slim, it did a good job. There is no reason why you can't use it- it is a connection to your father.
Very true. I should use it more. I was hoping for the butane so to avoid the damage I would invariably inflict! Being a slim it should also give me a bit more control

just if someone later searches - this is not nearly as reliable as a zippo and I am having trouble with it lighting consistently. Seems to do o.k. right after refueling for a few lights but then is a bit frustrating - $13 so I am not giving up on it but thought I'd update

Yes, not as good as a normal zippo but mine leaked fuel and would not stay full so i never use it any more. Probably a bad one, just never revisited.

I liked it til it just was empty all the time

Yes, not as good as a normal zippo but mine leaked fuel and would not stay full so i never use it any more. Probably a bad one, just never revisited.

I liked it til it just was empty all the time
Okay, thanks. Would prefer it to be as good. Nice and inexpensive way to maintain fuel though!

Top Bottom