What's new

Ultimate blade bank?

Whover renovates the bathroom in 30 years can clear it out

$IMG_0741.JPG$IMG_0742.jpg

Legion

Staff member
I like those. It is such an old school way of thinking.

"Meh. Somebody else's problem, one day."

It is a shame that old blades aren't as valuable as old coins.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Out of sight, out of mind.

It was a solution, just not a good one.

Arguably, in 1964, it saved little Johnnie from getting cut.

AA

Out of sight, out of mind.

It was a solution, just not a good one.

Arguably, in 1964, it saved little Johnnie from getting cut.

What's wrong with it? I personally think it was a good idea, having grown up in a couple of houses, the first dating from the late 1940's, both having "medicine cabinets" with the blade slots. It would probably take several lifetimes to fill the cavity between the studs, and anyone doing a remodel would immediately see what was there, no more dangerous than a lot of other things found or involved in construction projects.

The apartment I live in has the slot in the cabinet. I use, it's what it was designed for. Also saves me from cutting myself trying to throw them away.

It's a great idea and far safer than any gussied up procedure used today. idiots and Children can't get to the blades behind a wall. I doubt the space could be filled up in an entire life of any house. And, construction tear down is dangerous any time and all the time. I don't see any problems here?

It's a great idea and far safer than any gussied up procedure used today. idiots and Children can't get to the blades behind a wall. I doubt the space could be filled up in an entire life of any house. And, construction tear down is dangerous any time and all the time. I don't see any problems here?

+1 sounds reasonable to me

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Our 1960s house had one, too. :001_cool:

It's almost inter-dimensional: *poof* and your problem magically goes away, seemingly forever.

But wait! They aren't REALLY gone. Like a poorly-disposed of body, it comes to light one day to horrify ... "My God! It's a pile of RUSTY RAZOR BLADES! Think of the CHILDREN!," one might scream hysterically.

AA

What's wrong with it? I personally think it was a good idea, having grown up in a couple of houses, the first dating from the late 1940's, both having "medicine cabinets" with the blade slots. It would probably take several lifetimes to fill the cavity between the studs, and anyone doing a remodel would immediately see what was there, no more dangerous than a lot of other things found or involved in construction projects.

Unless the person doing the work starts on the other side of the wall and blindly reaches in....

I grew up in a house with that. I was tossing blades in there as a kid whether they were used or not! Nowadays I just use an old gallon plastic jug. That will take many years to fill.

Top Bottom