What's new

Bought a shaving mug but.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
My cheap latte bowl was just better to use. The mug had the ridges in the bottom but I just found it too narrow to get the brush to work up a decent lather. Crazy.

Anyone else found this?

I went from small salsa bowl which was about a few millimeters larger than the end of my brush. It worked, but then I got a large bowl (Fine) and ithe works a lot better for me, personally. I feel as though I get more lather, and it stays in the bowl a lot better. YMMV I assume but I like my new bowl much better.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It happens. The fun is finding what works best for you. What works for some, may not works for others. Now you know more about what you like and don't like!

Kindly,
Adam

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Yes, size matters. :bored:

I suggest you raid the kitchen and try a few different sizes - any bowl will work. When you figure out what you like (you already know small is not a good option) you can hunt for a shaving bowl - or even better, a scuttle. But you can always just use the cereal bowl you borrowed from the kitchen. It's all good.

Last week I went from salad bowl I used for last year to hammered copper Turkish shaving mug. It is a bit smaller, but more good-looking and helps to build lather :)

If you can fit your fist in it without touching the sides it'll work, most "shaving mugs" are too small in my opinion.

I've got about a half dozen mugs/bowls/scuttles. I generally use mugs to store pucks, the scuttle for lathering.

I use an Old Spice Mug and it works just fine. Seems big enough and there is a lot of lather to get 3-4 passes out of no problem.

Last I counted I have 15 mugs in use. What makes the biggest difference in what size of mug is preferred is the size of the brush.

Some of the bigger brushes need a big mug. My best big mug is one I found in a thrift shop. It is a low and squatty soup mug. It is a necessity for my 38mm brush and nice for the 30mm brushes. I also have six Old Spice mugs, four conventional ones and two blue ones, and they work well with smaller brushes. The 24mm brushes are most at home with the blue mugs, and the 19mm to 22mm mugs with the white ones. I have one of the Williams bicentennial pewter mugs. It is too tall to be convenient for most brushes and works best with a long handled short lofted brush.

What I do is, I have an old small mug from a former co-worker's office, he passed away years ago, but his position was never filled so his office remained vacant. When we finally cleared out the stuff that was left behind I snagged it up. I used my mug just to soak to brush if it needs it, Then I knock it out load up and switch to my bowl. So as has been said, what ever works for you.

Top Bottom