What's new

Polsilver, This is the end, my friend.

Hey all, I'm a big Polsilver fan. In fact, it is my favorite blade, and I'm intrigued by the rumors that this very successful blade may no longer be made. There are a lot of opinions out there that suggest the rumors are true, and some that suggest it's just a marketing ploy by our eastern block friends. I would love to know if anyone has anything more concrete and factual on this matter. In other words, do I need to stock up like the zombie apocalypse is about to hit.

many times these rumors turn out to be false. If you like them buy a 100 pack and wait and see. I wouldn't go crazy. I personally think that Gillette Silver Blues are just as good. Maybe better.

I heard from my brother-in-law's sister's niece's cousin's father that Polisilver was no longer to be made.

Point is there is no way to substantiate these rumors short of manufacturer confirmation.

Just buy want you want and enjoy. If they stop making them, there is nothing you can do about it, and also plenty of other fish in the sea.

I heard from my brother-in-law's sister's niece's cousin's father that Polisilver was no longer to be made.

Point is there is no way to substantiate these rumors short of manufacturer confirmation.

Just buy want you want and enjoy. If they stop making them, there is nothing you can do about it, and also plenty of other fish in the sea.

Agree. These rumors come and go, as do some blades.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Well, I ordered a few hundred on the cheap (from a B&B member). Then I heard the rumor and got 400 more (again, on the cheap). Now the rumor again and: yes, another 400.

Now I'm not so worried about the rumors. :w00t: I have a ten year supply. Just don't ignore the rumors and then PM me for blades a couple of years from now.:lol:

BSAGuy's brother-in-law's sister's niece's cousin's father is a pretty reliable source. If I didn't already have way more blades than I could ever use, I'd pick up another 100 or so. (And then hope they're not counterfeit.)

Speaking of counterfeit, the very first blades I ever ordered, after a long and laborious Internet review process, was a 100 pack of Personna Blues. Every blade I opened had the printing on the blade smeared, which made me think I had been duped. I was such a young and innocent wet shaver back then, I felt violated, somewhat abused. Had the system let me down? What about all the other innocent wet shavers out there? What about.....Never mind, I'm rambling

Speaking of counterfeit, the very first blades I ever ordered, after a long and laborious Internet review process, was a 100 pack of Personna Blues. Every blade I opened had the printing on the blade smeared, which made me think I had been duped. I was such a young and innocent wet shaver back then, I felt violated, somewhat abused. Had the system let me down? What about all the other innocent wet shavers out there? What about.....Never mind, I'm rambling

The genuine Personna Blues has smeared printing on them. That is a known fact. Don't worry about it.

The genuine Personna Blues has smeared printing on them. That is a known fact. Don't worry about it.

Getting great shaves from a Blue currently (I hadn't used one in a while).

I have some Russian blades in stock that I like, but really nothing that shaves significantly better than the Personna.

Never did get the concern over smeared ink. I couldn't care less.

Thanks Ron, that's good to know. I guess I could have saved a lot of money on counseling had I just joined B&B earlier in my wet shaving life.
Now they say the plate in my head isn't big enough

If they do go out of business then someone needs to cash in every stock and bond, take out 2 mortgages on their house and go to russia, buy the machines they're made on and hire someone to teach them how to duplicate the exact process and bring it back to America and then we'll have 2 american brands of blades and the new company can be called "proctor and gamble is a ripoff for discontinuing production of safety razor and wet shaving equipment in america so they can violate people by charging exorbitant prices on their cartridge and disposable razors which are crap and 400x the cost of production".
I know the name is a little long but it's sure to wake people up and cause an Exodus to wet shaving thus stimulating the market to the point small artisans will be forced to grow their small businesses and help others start their own business.

Yeah it's a pipe dream but it's still a dream....

Who makes polsilver SI anyway? I'd contact the company and ask them if they still make the blades or what

Doesn't DCC state on his website that they are indeed stopping production? Sorry for the lack of link, I'm on my ipod...

For what it's worth, here it is: http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

[FONT=&quot]With great regret, we would like to inform you that the rumors about End of production of Polsilver Super Iridium is true. Our information is that they are not in production as of mid-September. To be able to keep PSI blades in the market as long as possible, we will stop wholesales and prices will be gradually increased over time.[/FONT]

There is an eBay seller with the following in the item description:

"The Super Iridium double edge blades were a popular blade before they were discontinued. Or at least that's what we thought happened to them. Turns out there was a distribution change and the blades are still being made in St. Petersburg, Russia. They are packaged slightly different, but they are the same great blade. Sharp and smooth."

I bought 400 recently. This is the first time I've used Polsilver SI, and I'm up to shave number thirteen on my first blade. At this rate every blade will last me at least one month, giving me around 30 years of shaving. I don't think I need any more of them.

OK so I did some more digging just now and found out this exact same thing happened in 2011 and they returned with a new packaging a few months later. Also I found a letter from a Rep from p&g in Russia who wrote debunking the rumor that psi blades we're no longer going to be produced because they we're a HUGE seller for them.

Hope this helps. If nothing else an email to p&g will either confirm or debunk the rumor

Well, I ordered a few hundred on the cheap (from a B&B member). Then I heard the rumor and got 400 more (again, on the cheap). Now the rumor again and: yes, another 400.

Now I'm not so worried about the rumors. :w00t: I have a ten year supply. Just don't ignore the rumors and then PM me for blades a couple of years from now.:lol:

:thumbup:

Top Bottom