What's new

Polsilver, This is the end, my friend.

I'm not too worried since I have an awesome variety of blades that'll last to the year 2200, if I managed to live that long!:lol:

OK so I did some more digging just now and found out this exact same thing happened in 2011 and they returned with a new packaging a few months later. Also I found a letter from a Rep from p&g in Russia who wrote debunking the rumor that psi blades we're no longer going to be produced because they we're a HUGE seller for them.

Hope this helps. If nothing else an email to p&g will either confirm or debunk the rumor
Most excellent work my good man! Please keep us updated on a response from P & G. Everything else out there seems to be hyperbole.

Most excellent work my good man! Please keep us updated on a response from P & G. Everything else out there seems to be hyperbole.
I just emailed P&G consumer relations. They said they should respond within 48 hours so if nothing else I'll post their response monday evening if not sooner.

The Polsilver SI's are still available at Amazon, West Coast Shaving, EBay, and all the standard retailers. Sheesh, if people were really freaking out about these blades going out of production, there would be hardly any on the market. Polsilver SI's are great blades, but I wouldn't be dismayed if they ceased to exist. Plenty of excellent quality blades on the market to choose from, and plenty of Russian blades.

The Polsilver SI's are still available at Amazon, West Coast Shaving, EBay, and all the standard retailers. Sheesh, if people were really freaking out about these blades going out of production, there would be hardly any on the market. Polsilver SI's are great blades, but I wouldn't be dismayed if they ceased to exist. Plenty of excellent quality blades on the market to choose from, and plenty of Russian blades.
Very very true. My only concern is preserving and promoting the hobby. If we lose one brand, one accessory, one anything, it does inevitably hurt us. Soap making is easier than manufacturing blades. Of it was a soap maker, a small artisan, I'd agree that it's sad but we'll be fine. But when a huge corporation like P&G discontinues a product, especially a popular one, it can hurt the hobby because it gives the impression to outsiders or those thinking of getting into our lifestyle that if a popular product can't be sustained then the hobby can't either and thusly should be avoided.

So overall i agree with you. I also think differently though because I'm converting people to wet shaving and want them as newbies to have every option possible available.

If this was a marketing stunt, it backfired against them in my case. I was really interested in these blades when I was putting together a sample pack several months ago, but I skipped on them after hearing that they wouldn't be available for purchase in the future. I guess that ultimately, my decision didn't matter in the slightest considering that tons of other people started buying several hundred of these blades in anticipation of the DE apocalypse.

If this was a marketing stunt, it backfired against them in my case. I was really interested in these blades when I was putting together a sample pack several months ago, but I skipped on them after hearing that they wouldn't be available for purchase in the future. I guess that ultimately, my decision didn't matter in the slightest considering that tons of other people started buying several hundred of these blades in anticipation of the DE apocalypse.
It's not them that do it. It's wet shavers that start the rumors. Because maybe one vendor or their favorite vendor runs out or stops selling them they think that the blades are discontinued. It snowballs from there.

Any updates from P&G?
Haven't tried these yet, but just picked up a 5 pack from the local store a few days ago.
Just checked my email. Nothing from p & g at the moment. They better email me by monday or I'll call and complain under the alias mable simmons. I'll say you with prostate and gamble? Well I'm with smith & wesson now answer my question or the folks I'm with will come for the answers... Lol. Been watching madea too much lately

Just checked my email. Nothing from p & g at the moment. They better email me by monday or I'll call and complain under the alias mable simmons. I'll say you with prostate and gamble? Well I'm with smith & wesson now answer my question or the folks I'm with will come for the answers... Lol. Been watching madea too much lately
Waiting with bated breath. Or is that baited breath....

Curious to know if others have ordered from them successfully. I ordered 100 blades on 12/29 and haven't received anything yet. The tracker was last updated on 1/4. I have no idea how long it takes to get stuff from Bulgaria. Just sent them an email. Anyone have any experience with this vendor? - Thanks

Is http://www.polsilver-blades.com/ a good source for these blades? Price wise they seem to be the lowest I have seen so far.

Is http://www.polsilver-blades.com/ a good source for these blades? Price wise they seem to be the lowest I have seen so far.
They're nit the cheapest price but one thing i found interesting is that from that site they ship from bulgaria, yet they have an american website based on an american web server. It leads me to believe someone just bought the domain name and is selling the products, having them shipped here from bulgaria or wherever.

Yes, the vendor is from Bulgaria. I received a pretty quick reply him. He offered to resend the order of give me a refund if I don't receive my order by 2/4. So far, a little longer than I anticipated but I appreciate the quick correspondence. Let's see what happens.

They're nit the cheapest price but one thing i found interesting is that from that site they ship from bulgaria, yet they have an american website based on an american web server. It leads me to believe someone just bought the domain name and is selling the products, having them shipped here from bulgaria or wherever.

Last time I bought from this vendor the blades came quickly. I too ordered some around xmas (12/24 iirc) and still nothing. I'm not worried though.

I've ordered from DCC before, the delivery was quick, maybe 7-10 total days, I was pretty surprised. I used to like the polsilvers but they are a bit thin for my preference

Top Bottom