What's new

Need help id'ing this straight

All it says on the tang is askfor 38. I have tried to find anything on it but to no avail. Hope someone can shed a bit of light on this.

$image.jpg

It is a carbon steel blade and the carbon scales are newly fitted as the honemeister broke and kindly replaced them. At the very tip of the tang there is a tiny engraved tree which looks like the booker tree. I'll need a magnifier to know for sure if it's the same.

Looks like a Boker tree to me.

I'm more skeptical. It could also be some pitting from a spot of corrosion. Boker is usually pretty proud of their blades and microscopic logos just don't make sense. Another observation is, it looks like the toe of the blade has been ground off to repair damage. I have never seen toe ground quite that way. As always, however, the measure of a straight razor is how well it shaves. Good luck.

It's 100% not corrosion. It is most definitely a logo, which does look like the Boker tree, however I am certainly no expert. All I will say is that it shaves wonderfully, I guess that's what matters the most.

That was my thought as well. There is no info on the markings at all. I suppose it was a Boker made blade produced for another company and they placed their makers mark in a location which would not be noticed.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Well this is pretty crazy. We went to town today and stopped at a few antique stores and I found a nice Boetticher Kellogg Co. Razor with original box. I just got home and was looking it over and look what I found. This is through a 10x loupe.

Attachments

• $IMG_9377.jpg
    $IMG_9377.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Top Bottom