What's new

Surprising pre-shave oil discovery

I took a few days holidays with my wife, visiting friends. I took my travel strop, my stainless straight razor, my GFT shaving cream and my after shave but forgot... my pre-shave oil.

It was not that terrible, but I was a little annoyed: the discovery of pre-shave oil changed my shaving routine for the best... so, in a place forgotten by the God of Shaving - in the middle of the Alps -, I began to look for oil that I could use in my routine. Having stepped into The Body Shop, my wife's sight was attracted by the Spa Wisdom products range, and especially by the Monoi Miracle Oil... she pointed me to the bottle... that was what was needed: a miracle oil; and it was a miracle one indeed. Very surprisingly, it turn out to be a very good pre-shave oil (in fact a really good all-purpose oil, also working against shave burn, dry skin, etc...), and worked great with my skin.

As it is far less expensive than the usual pre-shave oil, I thought it must be of some interest to drop a line or two to tell the story.

Hope this will be useful.

Thanks! I'll have to give that a try. I have recently discovered the Body Shop products and enjoy them. I really like the shaving cream and the Kistna Cologne is awesome!

Top Bottom