What's new

PIF! Morgan Bones Stubby

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Well gents, it's my turn to throw out a PIF. Here's a new Bones stubby pot. I believe it's technically a second, and was a freebie on a recent order, so I'd like to find a good home for it. Like all Bones, it's well drilled and should smoke great. Has some surface flaws, but that's part of the charm!

proxy.php

proxy.php

PIF is open to anyone, even folks outside the US. To enter, just post below and say you're in, and please share one pipe smoking or tobacco tip you'd like to pass along to the new pipe smoker.

Winner will be chosen at random on Sunday, and if the winner has a Brown Leaf badge, I'll toss in something extra. If winner is a new pipe smoker, I'll also toss in a pipe tool and cleaners so you'll have everything you need to get started.

Awesome Pif! Very temping but -not in- because I just ordered two more bones yesterday :lol: . My tip would be to slow down and relax. Don't worry about being perfect (ie: relights), experiment, and enjoy.

I'm in. Believe it or not I went a long time not packing my bowls tight enough. I don't remember how long, but the point is keep experimenting.

I'm in. Believe it or not I went a long time not packing my bowls tight enough. I don't remember how long, but the point is keep experimenting.

Funny, I was the opposite. I packed them pretty tight, had overheating issues, and had to puff fast to keep it going. Lightened up the packing and got a ton more flavor and was easier to keep going. Everyone is different I guess haha

I'm definitely in, please. Thanks for the PIF. My tip is: take the time to learn how to pack a pipe properly and find a method that works for you!

Best,
Jerry
echo4golf

In. Very generous! I've been looking at Morgan Bones pipes for a while. My tip is to not get rid of tobacco blends you don't like when you're just starting with a pipe. Your tastes will absolutely change with time. It's almost a given. With that in mind, you might want to wait a bit to start cellaring in earnest, lest you end up Latakiaphile with pounds of cherry cavendish taking up all your shelf space.

Awesome PIF, but I have one almost like it, and love it, but Not In. I will leave it for someone who needs one. If I had it to do over again, I would pick one decent tobacco, and stick with it till I had my technique down. Pretty sure I elongated my learning curve by never smoking the same thing twice, because there was just so much to try.

Nice - I want a Bones so bad! I will sit this one out since I just won a pif but awesome opportunity!

First tip for new smokers - watch this thread (I will :tongue_sm)

Slow down your smoke and don't worry about re-lights, I smoke to fast trying to keep the bowl lit - the technique will come but go slow - smoking too fast sorta defeats the purpose of a relaxing smoke IMH(inexperience)O

Wow that is sweet! New to pipe smoking and would love to have that. I am in... thank!!!

I am not sure if I really have a tip to share at the moment? The one thing I have had issues with is some gurgling. One thing I am working on is letting my tobacco dry out more before I smile it. Hopefully that counts?

I'm in! Great PIF. I miss smoking a pipe; its been a few years, I went to cigars and want to experience a pipe again. Remember the time smoking your pipe is to be enjoyed, never rushed. :thumbup1:

Wow Great PIF, I am in Been smoking a few months now and one thing I learned so far, take the time to let your tobacco sit out a bit before loading will alleviate a bunch or re-lights, and 4 pipes is not enough:lol:

I too miss pipe smoking, but with my personality type, it would just open a pandora's box of pipe acquisition. I'm saying not in, but this is one heckuva PIF.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Wow that is sweet! New to pipe smoking and would love to have that. I am in... thank!!!

I am not sure if I really have a tip to share at the moment? The one thing I have had issues with is some gurgling. One thing I am working on is letting my tobacco dry out more before I smile it. Hopefully that counts?

That definitely counts. You're in on the PIF!

And great tips everyone! Keep 'em coming!

I'm in. Thanks for the chance. As for the tip, I don't really have any to share. I haven't smoked a pipe very much, and don't currently have one. The ones I have smoked were tobacco store pipes of presumed low quality. If I had to pass a tip along, I'd say don't settle on what's locally available as being all there is. I've tried many different cigars, and have found that, in my area at least, an online retailer provides better variety and selection.

I'm in!

Tip: Don't knock the cobs! They're great, smoke great and while looking a little out there sometimes will last and last and you can smoked everything in them.

Or try out a new blend so you know you're getting a good trial of it!

Not in - I just got two Morgan Bone pipes delivered today. My tip for beginners is to feel free to ask questions on the BL. The members are willing to answer them. Sometimes I would post a question that I felt was a dumb question but was overwhelmed by the number of responses. None of the responses were negative. If you have any questions or simply pondering a thought, throw it up on the board.

Oh wow. I've never wanted to win a PIF as much as I'd like to win this one.

I'm in.

My tip to newbie pipe smokers is get an MM Corn Cob Pipe. There are tons of variables with pipe smoking...if you use a Cob, you eliminate a potential problem point (the pipe) from your list of concerns!

Im IN! Love the pipe.
For the newbies (I still feel fairly new... :001_huh:): Lots of good advice so far. If you have not done so already, spend the $ and get your Brown Leaf badge... Best group of guys on the net!

If you have not done so already, spend the $1 and get your Brown Leaf badge.

FTFY. The best use of one dollar I know of.

Not in, BTW, but plenty of excellent tips here already. One to add: don't write off a blend because of what anyone else says. Every palate is different...you might really enjoy something that doesn't get a lot of love: be your own judge!

NOT IN but wanted to thank Micah for this awesome PIF.

I have one of the stubby pots and it smokes very well. It's a VaPer eating machine!

Get in on this one guys!

Top Bottom