What's new

One to rule them all.

How many razors do you use for a single shave?

• One...

• Two.....(are you crazy?)

• 3 or more.....(Probably insane?)

• 4 or more (Definitely insane)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Had a random question/thought the other day. In your shaving routine, do you generally use one or two razors or more?

I have used a D/E to clean up areas I'm not comfortable with, while shaving with my straight. I really never thought about it with a few of my larger d/e razors I own.(Futur - quickly comes to mind.)

Thoughts are welcome, so are opinions!:a30:

There are some easy downfalls to spot one.... obviously, the clean up time is increased.

Oops. I should have read the question before I voted. When I saw the poll, I thought it was a silly question, given that I've got scores of razors. Now I know you meant "per shave." Your data is skewed. Sorry!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
One for me. Futur for years. Currently use an ATT H1 (Weber Classic handle). Don't rotate razors.

I voted incorrectly. Never more than 1 razor per shave but I rotate between 3 razors changing them up every couple of months.

There should be a way to edit your vote. I voted for 3 because I thought you're asking how many razors I own and use, but now that I understand your question I would say most of the times I use 2 razors per shave. I use Merkur 34C with either 37C or Razorock Mission

I've used multiple razors on occasion, when I've been comparing two or more razors, but generally I only use one per shave.

I generally keep a loaded backup in the event my primary goes down during the shave but no, it's always one razor start to finish.

I considered it, but sick to a single I've. I thought I could use a more aggressive one for the first pass and then switch to a milder one for ATG. But I never tried.

I assume the poll is asking if we only use one razor for the day's shave regardless of the number of passes on that day.

Hi,

I read it correctly. Two. Fasan DoubleSlant WTG and XTG for DFS. Then, a Thin Cap Old Type ATG for BBS. ;)

Stan

Surprised that many use 3.......

I responded with 3 by accident. I assumed it was asking how many razors overall that I used (rotated) because the thought of using more than one razor during a single shave seemed absurd so I didn't even consider that. Now I see that some people actually do use more than one...

One.

Very rarely if using a straight and it's not going well I might pull out another razor for clean up. But I would say 98% of my shaves are with one razor, and that is how I voted.

I generally have two loaded at one time, but only use one during my shave, unless the one I'm using disappoints me in some way. I have done shave-off's using a slim and fatboy during the same shave.

Top Bottom