What's new

I got a Gillette adjustable to shave with, now I don't know.

An online vendor had advertised: Gillette Dial Safety Razor Black Beauty Nice Condition

I already have two Super Adjustables, but this was the short model, which I don't have--but wanted--and the price was quite reasonable, though it looked like it needed a good cleaning. Here's the vendor's pic:
$Black Beauty.jpg

I got it today. Cleaned up, it looks almost new. Everything works. Only one problem. It's date code is Q-1. I know enough about Gillette razors to know this is kind of rare. Valued as a collectable by some. Should I store it away? Or shave with it like I do with all my other razors?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oh... I would shave with it once. Then if it didn't light my fire I suppose I would save it for special occasions, whatever that means, lol.
What year is the Q?

when you die and your collection moves on to the next person in line...if it be family or a stranger...I can almost guarantee they will shave with it so why tease yourself?!

While many may disagree our razors are tools with which to remove hair from our faces and other places. If it were me I'd use and enjoy the razor for what it is, not turn it into a cabinet queen.

There are gillette razors that are still going strong after almost 100 years. As others have said, you're not going to hurt it by using it.

Use it! Life's too short. Let your heirs determine its fate. Meanwhile, let it do what it was designed to do.

What's the point in owning it if you don't shave with it, I've used every vintage razor I have (well I intend to) some I just haven't got around to it yet. I have a long and a short handle BB, I like the short more. It may be that holy grail but you'll never know unless you try it.

I say use it too, it was made to last and you'll probably treat it very well maintaining it so it should last a long time.

Top Bottom