What's new

A fountain & 2 rollerballs

I generally only post pics of my pens at IAP, but thought I'd share a few recent ones here. The fountain was a gift for my daughter's bf. It's a George II kit done in figured maple, dyed with black and sea blue. The second is a Majestic Jr RB, a gift for an MA at my job, and the third is a Triton RB, a gift for another MA. I cast the blanks using Silmar 41 polyester resin, mica powders, and additionally a dark green dye for the third pen.

George II
$IMG_1311.jpg

$IMG_1314.jpg

Majestic Jr RB
$IMG_1322.jpg$IMG_1324.jpg$IMG_1325.jpg

Triton RB

Last edited:
Stunning. Those are some beautiful blanks.
I've thought about getting some Silmar 41 to try and cast some blanks. Do you ever have issues with it being too brittle?

Thanks everyone. These were fun projects and those who received them were quite happy, especially my daughter's bf. They went back to her place after lunch and he started practicing his signature, it gave me a chuckle but it also made me feel good knowing he really appreciated the gift.

Stunning. Those are some beautiful blanks.
I've thought about getting some Silmar 41 to try and cast some blanks. Do you ever have issues with it being too brittle?

Thank you! I've never had a problem, nor has anybody I know that uses it. I use 8 drops MEKP per ounce of resin and haven't had a brittle blank yet. It polishes to a far deeper shine than Alumilite and turns just as easily imo, and it costs a lot less. If you decide to give it a shot let me know and I'll give you some tips I've learned through trial and error which should help you get some great looking blanks.

Top Bottom