What's new

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal knockoffs?

I am one of the chosen. Veg smells great on me, no cat pee odor at all. It has quickly become one of my favorites in the Pinaud lineup.

I'm happily working my way through a twelve ounce bottle of Veg, but I wonder, what are the Veg knockoffs like? Master Lilac Vegetol, Stephan Lilac, Lustray Lilac, Gabels Lilac, any more?

Anyone tried a Veg knockoff? How does it compare to the real deal?

While I wouldn't necessarily call them knockoffs, I will say though that the Master version is much nicer than the Pinaud version in my opinion. Plus it is much more moisturizing. It's scent is just a tad more mellow.

While I am definitely not chosen, my barber uses Stephan lilac on the back of my neck and I don't mind it at all. It is much less powdery and seems to have a very slight woodsy scent compared to the Veg. The scent seems pretty short lived, too.

I used to get several Veg knockoffs delivered to me every day. We would just throw them outside in the garbage, fortunately the kids have been out of diapers for a few years now.

Glad you are among the chosen! I am envious that you can explore these options. :Veg::Veg::Veg::Veg:

I am definitely NOT chosen (and LOTH here says, "Don't try that again!") This is one area that I have chosen not to explore!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Glad you are among the chosen! I am envious that you can explore these options. :Veg::Veg::Veg::Veg:

I am definitely NOT chosen (and LOTH here says, "Don't try that again!") This is one area that I have chosen not to explore!
Good thinking, BigJ!

I wish that Pinaud would Knock Off their Lilac Veg. As in Knock it from their product list. That smell reminds me of the little pucks that they put in men's urinals.
I bought it on the Amazon and when I smelled it I almost lost it. But, I did force myself to use it once. Holy Moly, that stuff stinks!

Gabels is very smooth and really smells like the non Pinaud lilacs of the 1960's...
I have the Stephans and smooth is a great word to describe it. Like the Gabels, its a big bottle. In a few years when its gone perhaps I'll give the Gabels a try. I already have and enjoy their bay rum.

There is only one true Veg.

proxy.php

I love the veg, but the masters version is pretty nice too. I have not found it to be any better at moisturizing. It's a nice cheap alternative.

Skip them all and try Taylor of Old Bond St. #74 Traditional. Lilac, Jasmine, Carnation (I think), and some others. It elicits as many varied responses as the Veg. Both good and negative. I think it is superior to the Veg but as you may imagine, I was most certainly NOT chosen by the Veg.

Top Bottom