What's new

Old Spice Cologne Staying Power

P&G Old Spice Cologne has absolutely no staying power. I have the spray bottle and put on 3 sprays around my neck and a couple more on my body. I can't smell it after 2 hours. The scent is totally gone. :huh:

Disappointing to say the least.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Seems like about 80% of today's colognes are watered down and have little staying power.

Luckily there's Grey Flannel!

AA

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It is unfortunately possible that at $2 an oz. we are getting what we pay for. :001_huh:

You can purchase a travel atomizer.

P&G Old Spice Cologne has absolutely no staying power. I have the spray bottle and put on 3 sprays around my neck and a couple more on my body. I can't smell it after 2 hours. The scent is totally gone. :huh:

I have the same cologne. It doesn't last very long. Try putting some unscented body lotion on the spots before you spray your cologne.

Vintage Old Spice amigo. It's the only way to go....
$IMG_0147.jpg

Vintage Old Spice amigo. It's the only way to go....
View attachment 717479
Agreed. Great staying power. Only way to go with Old Spice!

As far as getting what you pay for, there are many nice EDT that have great longevity and a very affordable price tag. Proctor and Gamble have made the decision to weaken the formula to be relatively useless. They could choose to make it usable and charge a little more. I hope they do. I hate buying vintage cologne.

Maybe your sniffer got used to it and you smell it anymore? Ask someone else to take a sniff and see if they can detect your afershave.

Mike

Maybe your sniffer got used to it and you smell it anymore? Ask someone else to take a sniff and see if they can detect your afershave.

Mike
may be it though i know also everyone is different. i just got off a 15 hour shift and i still get wiffs of my old spice cologne. though i may drown myslef in it cause i use 3 sprays on my neck 1 on shirt one on the back of my neck. its not going to project like a expensive cologne. but its definitely there if someone gets close to me

Not trying to change the topic, but are there similar colognes to Old Spice, with better staying power?
Try cold spice by paa it to my nose smells just like shulton old spice and last over 9 hours. It does have menthol in it. Stirrling spice is another good one but the dry down scent to me is off can not explain it just the dry down is not right.

P&G Old Spice doesn't even smell like the original stuff. It certainly doesn't smell like the stuff that's billed as "Original formula" which is made in India I think. That stuff is pretty nice actually. And more in line with what you are probably used to paying for a decent AS. It's like $14 for a regular size bottle.

After reading your post, I went to the closet and got out an Old Spice original gift set from about ten years ago, and splashed on some cologne. I could still smell it five hours later. I know the Classic doesn't last that long. And for the hundreth time I thought how disappointing it has been that Procter and Gamble made that change. I will never forgive them. The Classic stuff pales in comparison. Other colognes repurchased through the years are weaker than their older brethren.

Top Bottom