What's new

Hump Day Herf Day 18JAN2017-Pete Wednesday

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Get your new or old Petersons ready! This Wednesday, January 18th, will be Herf-A-Pete Day!

The original occasion was to break in a few XL02's, but we figured that with all of the nice XL14's (I'm still searching for my Deerstalker), Micah's amazing set, and so forth, that we'll include everyone! Get your Peterson pipes ready and join us for a herf on Wednesday! :pipe:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My full bent Killarney estate pipe will be cleaned and ready to go. Now if I can just figure out if I want to do a bowl of Peterson's Irish Oak or Irish Flake.

Nice date there for the herf...my birthday is the 17th and wife's is the 19th....

I'm sure pics. are mandatory.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have a Pete, but you people have me looking at more Petes. I better get to work!

Also, I suggest we repeat the Pete Herf on March 17.

March 17th? Shoot if I smoke a pipe on March 17th my wife will have to manually put the pipe in my mouth and remove it for me. The only thing I'm capable of doing on my own that day is Guinness in one hand, Irish whiskey in the other. My real name is Patrick after all...Although I am starting to make my wife call me doofus.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
March 17th? Shoot if I smoke a pipe on March 17th my wife will have to manually put the pipe in my mouth and remove it for me. The only thing I'm capable of doing on my own that day is Guinness in one hand, Irish whiskey in the other. My real name is Patrick after all...Although I am starting to make my wife call me doofus.

Load up the night before and light that sucker when you wake up. I bet you can get a bowl down before you're gone to the world. Or, start training Mrs. Doofus on proper technique. You have a couple months and then so for her to get the knack. :w00t:

So what's the difference between a 303 and am the XL02?

Two things. First, and primarily, is size. The XL02 is significantly larger. Second, the preceding "3" designates a "System" pipe: it is the same basic apple shape as an 03, but drilled with the moisture well.

So what's the difference between a 303 and am the XL02?

Two things. First, and primarily, is size. The XL02 is significantly larger. Second, the preceding "3" designates a "System" pipe: it is the same basic apple shape as an 03, but drilled with the moisture well.

To illustrate:

$20170113_093824.jpg

The pipe on the left is an 03 in the Wicklow finish. On the right, my tanblast XL02.

Top Bottom