What's new

What product you wouldn't be without?

What is the one shaving product you couldn't be without? The one you'll assuredly look to replace when you run out or lose? Maybe it's that aftershave that makes your face so comfortable, or that cream that smells like heaven. Maybe it's that razor that makes you feel like a pro every time, or a brush so soft you look forward to lathering every morning.

What is a single product, any categories, you wouldn't be without? Why?

I haven't found such a thing ... yet. It may be Haslinger though, as that has been excellent. I will likely order another when the current puck is getting close to being fully used.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Osma Alum Block ..... No matter which soap, cream, brush, razor, or blade I use for any given shave, my Osma block is crucial after my initial cool water rinse.

One of the few products that every since I first got it, I've replaced it when it's gone.

Shea Moisture Tea Tree After Shave & Bump Preventer Herbal Elixir

I don't use it after every shave. But I use it after every shave that I think will be irritated.

Last edited:
I can't say one thing in particular, but if I had to choose based on what I've used so far in my wet shaving journey, I would say my Lord L6 razor. Nothing I have gives me as good a shave as this razor does.

Nothing. There are a lot of products out there. If I suddenly couldn't get one of the products that work for me I'm sure that I could find something else that works. It's just a razor, blade and soap.

Nothing. There are a lot of products out there.

I hear you. Most of us have a lot of everything already. But there are some things I'd be sad if I could replenish anymore. For example, I have lots of aftershave. But I'd really miss the classic Nivea sensitive balm. I know nothing else in a similar price bracket that quickly disappears from my face and leave it feeling great. Other products may feel good, but leave a scent or a tacky film.

I like Proraso Green and Blue ... I always go back to them thinking how good they are. Ie today the shave soap I was using just wasn't working for the time I had left so I washed it all out and used Proraso Blue and all was well.

Well, I don't get too attached to soaps; two of my past favorites have been discontinued. However, if anything happens to my Aristocrat or Plisson synthetic brush, they'll immediately be replaced.

My Fatip razors and the Plisson synthetic. Luckily, the Fatip razors are brass and probably will last a very long time. The same can be said for the Plisson, synthetic brushes can take more abuse than animal hair. I've tried a few synthetics, the Plisson is simply my favorite. I like the softness of the hair, I like that the hair splays out easily yet it's not without backbone, and I like how quickly and efficiently it loads soap and builds a lather (I find it takes considerably longer using a badger brush to build a lather).

This is an easy question for me: the Georgetown G12 scuttle. I've used mine every day at home for 2-1/2 years. The day it breaks will be the day I order another one.

Osma Alum Block ..... No matter which soap, cream, brush, razor, or blade I use for any given shave, my Osma block is crucial after my initial cool water rinse.

+1

There was a time when alum was the only thing I used for a post-shave routine after the cold water rinse. I remember the one time I dropped my alum block in the sink and it shattered. I didn't shave for a week after that while I ordered a replacement.

Blades. I am able of making own razors (by 3D-printing) and soaps, if really needed. Blades can not be easily made at home. No blades, no shave.

+2
I've tried a cheap alum block from India (not bad) and a cheap alum block from Turkey (not good) - neither were shatterproof, so I ended up buying an Osma
Feels much better than the other two - and believe it or not it bounced when I dropped it on the edge of the sink !!

Top Bottom