What's new

" The Toby C "

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So what should the Toby look like ? what kind of wood ? Boar or Horse ?
I like making Things out of wood so these special Brushes will all be made from wood.
I have a Few Guy's in mind that I want to make Brushes for .
So ??????

Seems like brushes, like so many things, are about individual preferences. Therefore only Toby can really say what is best for him. For example, I'm into woodworking, so I like things made out of a variety of woods (my wife bought me a block of cocobola (spelling could be off) for Christmas one year, which became a bowl). Others like acrylics. I doubt I will ever turn an acrylic pen, although I might turn an acrylic brush handle some day. Everything is just subject to personal preferences.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Toby ,can you weigh in here? This is a wood only offer.
Do you have a picture of the bowl ?

The middle one is from the wood my wife gave me. The others are from the woods in back of the house.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent via mobile - Chris

Last edited:
For [MENTION=89729]TobyC[/MENTION] ? I'm definitely thinking cactus handle ( Of course you wouldn't want to turn it, you need the thorns intact) with a skunk knot.

A bet a chubby style handle made of olive would would look nice and also cover the short brush requirements!

So what should the Toby look like ? what kind of wood ? Boar or Horse ?
I like making Things out of wood so these special Brushes will all be made from wood.
I have a Few Guy's in mind that I want to make Brushes for .
So ??????

I'm here,.. I slept in a bit today. "The Toby" of course should be perfect and unique like me!!! :laugh:

You choose the knot, you choose the wood, no glue-ups, just a single piece of wood. Total height should be 50/50 handle and hair.

Kinda simple, these look cool, just for a visual.

$DSC_1324_1024x1024.jpg

For [MENTION=89729]TobyC[/MENTION] ? I'm definitely thinking cactus handle ( Of course you wouldn't want to turn it, you need the thorns intact) with a skunk knot.

Skunk would make a pretty good knot, kinda stiff, use the black and white mixed for a salt and pepper look, comes pre-scented! :laugh:

Top Bottom