What's new

Soplica Wisniowa

I attend the Serbian Fest every November in my area, the spit roasted meat and pastries are irresistible. The Serbian boys always give me a shot of cherry Slivovitz , ugh , terrible stuff !...Just received a tiny bottle of Soplica Wisniowa ( cherry flavored vodka ) made in Poland , from my good friend Vlad..Tastes good warm , but from the freezer it's fantastic , way smoother than any Slivovitz I've tasted. The cherry flavor is not a maraschino type , but more of a wild cherry flavor , and it's real cherry juice, not imitation.... very nice liquor !

Attachments

• $DSCN1165.jpg
    $DSCN1165.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 26
  • $DSCN1166.jpg
    $DSCN1166.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 26
  • $DSCN1175.jpg
    $DSCN1175.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 26
my wife made a huge batch of cherry bounce(George Washington was a fan) using brandy during the holidays....gave it out to use as a cordial or in cocktails. I wonder if this has a similar taste

I attend the Serbian Fest every November in my area, the spit roasted meat and pastries are irresistible. The Serbian boys always give me a shot of cherry Slivovitz , ugh , terrible stuff !...Just received a tiny bottle of Soplica Wisniowa ( cherry flavored vodka ) made in Poland , from my good friend Vlad..Tastes good warm , but from the freezer it's fantastic , way smoother than any Slivovitz I've tasted. The cherry flavor is not a maraschino type , but more of a wild cherry flavor , and it's real cherry juice, not imitation.... very nice liquor !

Years ago, when I was married to my first wife, we lived next door to a young Polish couple and we hit it off immediately. They were awesome, and invited us to many family parties, etc. And invariably, during these parties, someone would break out the "Cherry Vodka" and we'd all start doing shots. From your description I'm sure this is very similar to Soplica.

Imagine my surprise when I found out they made it themselves?

And he actually walked me and another neighbor through making it one spring, when the cherries in Wisconsin were in season. We used Rectified Spirits (in the US I found out it's the same thing as Everclear), fresh cherries we picked and gobs of sugar. The results were awesome, but needed time to mellow because it had one heckuva bite at first!

Funny thing is, I made some again last year, for the first time in probably 10 years or so. And just like before, it needs to mellow :)

And like you, kept in the freezer it's amazing :)

Top Bottom