What's new

Tobacquisitions January 2017

So, with all you guys starting your alleged sabbatical, this should be a pretty light month, right?

:001_rolle

I have a bunch of stuff ordered in December that will arrive in January......... Oh, and one pipe ordered on 1/1/17

In honor of the Sabaticalists(?), I purchased a Hilson Vintage panel pipe, an 8 oz tin of Union Square, and the following tins of C&D tobacco: Exhausted Rooster, Black Frigate, Night Train, and Five O'Clock Shadow.

For those about to fail, we salute you!

***ordered in December, opened in January***

$20170102_094022.jpg

In honor of the Sabaticalists(?), I purchased a Hilson Vintage panel pipe, an 8 oz tin of Union Square, and the following tins of C&D tobacco: Exhausted Rooster, Black Frigate, Night Train, and Five O'Clock Shadow.

For those about to fail, we salute you!

I should give Exhausted Rooster another try. The first time I picked up an ounce, I was very much not into VA/VAPers. My tastes and technique had not yet grown into them. Now though, they are at the top of my rotation.

I should give Exhausted Rooster another try. The first time I picked up an ounce, I was very much not into VA/VAPers. My tastes and technique had not yet grown into them. Now though, they are at the top of my rotation.

This will be my first. Adventure awaits...

Will do. It may be a bit. No sabaticals for me, but my New Years resolution was to burn through a few of the partially full jars that have been taking up space in my cellar.

Will do. It may be a bit. No sabaticals for me, but my New Years resolution was to burn through a few of the partially full jars that have been taking up space in my cellar.

I actually rotate out some of those back to storage when I get a bit bored with what I have open, and pull back in other partials I haven't touched in a while. Of course, that means it can take a year to go through a one ounce sample, sometimes. lol

I actually rotate out some of those back to storage when I get a bit bored with what I have open, and pull back in other partials I haven't touched in a while. Of course, that means it can take a year to go through a one ounce sample, sometimes. lol

That's a good strategy. When I reorganized, I found jars I don't remember buying. Had to look at tobaccoreviews.com to see what type of blend some of it was. :blushing: First world problems.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yeah, Price. The light month begins as the end of December's orders start to trickle in.

These are some of the claimed items from the SP estates sale. A gold spigot Peterson, along with an IMP meer pickaxe.

$20170103_143659.jpg

That pickaxe really is a honkin' chunk o' meerschaum. I don't have large hands, but dadgum! I love it!

$20170103_143811.jpg

Yeah, Price. The light month begins as the end of December's orders start to trickle in.

These are some of the claimed items from the SP estates sale. A gold spigot Peterson, along with an IMP meer pickaxe.

Awesome scores, Doak. That Pete was on my saved list as well. :thumbup:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Man, January 3rd and this thread is already cooking!
[MENTION=92373]TexLaw[/MENTION], sweet Pete! I saw that one and was sorely tempted--really nice grain on it!

Top Bottom