What's new

Suggest Some Creams?

For a great herbal scent, Tiki Set Sail Cream (comes in a big 8 oz tub)

ToBS Jermyn Street is one of my favorites and I don't use many creams

Try to find gillette shave cream or speick.They might fit your bill...they also have a barbershop type of scent to me.

Couple refs to the Body Shop, cool.

I do think I'll pick up some more Proraso, seems hard to find the Nivea, though I find lots of Neutrogena.

I have some Speick on the way. :thumbup1:

I'll have to research the others.

Well, the 200ml tub of the Body Shop cream is on sale for US$9.60 with free shipping, so I ordered a tub. :thumbup:

The Mr Taylor scent in TOBS cream is excellent for a business or office setting. Very dignified and refined.
Speick sounds like it's worth trying.

I'm always hesitant about flowery scents, but I often do like them. But I think I'll do the TOBS Mr Taylor first, though I do have the grapefruit.

I looked up a video by PaulHFilms on Godrej. He certainly liked the scent and said it's a good cream, but maybe not much residual slickness. Still, he really liked it. :thumbup1: Not finding the sensitive, though.

Derby creams are like $3 a tube and the Body Shop often has sales of buy two get one free or get one for 50% off

Cade Rich in the tub from L'Occitane is the only cream I have. The tub costs ~$35 but it takes so little to get a three pas shave. I'm about 100 shaves into my jar and it's still half full.

OP - I saw that you ordered some Speick - wise choice! That has become one of my favorite creams. The performance is great, it is almost soap like in terms of slickness. The scent is hard to describe, but it has a lavender note to it that I enjoy. Let us know how you like it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Here's another vote for DRH creams when you want to get a bit fancy. Arlington is an excellent scent. Considering what you enjoy, you likely also would enjoy Marlborough.

The new Captain's Choice creams are mighty good, as well!

I do want to try a Derby cream. I'll definitely review the Speick when I try it.

Thanks for the advice on DRH, I was thinking of Windsor, but will switch to Marlborough. :thumbup1:

RE: L'Occitane lasting a long time: good info! I'm surprised at the variation in creams wrt how much it takes. KMF takes a lot; TOBS, not so much.

Cade Rich in the tub from L'Occitane is the only cream I have. The tub costs ~$35 but it takes so little to get a three pas shave. I'm about 100 shaves into my jar and it's still half full.

Apparently this cream has a "best by" date like a year, or 6 mos. Do you think this is valid or just marketing pablum? I would like to try it but there is no way I can be faithful to just one cream. If shelf life is a couple years then maybe.

It's probably the date required by the regulators. Creams don't keep as long as hard soaps, but if they're stored properly, they should be good for quite awhile.

Apparently this cream has a "best by" date like a year, or 6 mos. Do you think this is valid or just marketing pablum? I would like to try it but there is no way I can be faithful to just one cream. If shelf life is a couple years then maybe.

I bought mine just about a year ago and it is still good. I use it once a week. I expect it to last this whole year unless I use it more. If the worse that could happen is that it dries out, I'll just use a little more water.

Top Bottom