What's new

Wide Dress Boots

Where's a good place to get nice classy looking dress boots for wide feet? Either a brick and mortar store, or an online store with a generous return policy, and the brands that offer this?

The wide size for Clarks, Timberland, and Rockport, work for me, and New Balance sneakers. Are there any boot brands whose normal sizes run a bit wider?

The style of boot I'm looking for is polish-able leather with rubber lug soles, the type that can manage well walking through snow and rain and still work in an office setting. If they come in black, I would totally wear it with a suit on bad weather days when I walk the mean city streets between meetings. I'll be at a military facility starting in January so boots with suits is fine and I will have to walk between several buildings. A Navy base exchange might have boots too.

I'm looking for under $200. Any suggestions? The types I've liked the look of are Wolverine Kilometer/1000 mile, and Red Wing Iron Ranger with the speed loops at the top. I could get a pull on or zip up boot too.

Is there a Nordstrom in DC? That is always my first choice when looking for any kind of "dressy" foot wear.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The style of boot I'm looking for is polish-able leather with rubber lug soles, the type that can manage well walking through snow and rain and still work in an office setting. If they come in black, I would totally wear it with a suit on bad weather days when I walk the mean city streets between meetings. I'll be at a military facility starting in January so boots with suits is fine and I will have to walk between several buildings. A Navy base exchange might have boots too.

I'm looking for under $200.

Allen Edmonds Longbranch seems ideal ... http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m...s/SF6021.html?dwvar_SF6021_color=6043#start=5

The one problem is they are a bit above your preferred price range. Buy once, cry once I guess ...

Is anyone familiar with the Thursday boot company or their fit/sizing?

I recently bought 2 pairs from them. I like them very much. After seening my boots my wife bought a pair also. Very fast service for me. I ordered them yesterday and got them today. This was free shipping.
The fit was perfect for me and my wife.

I have the opposite problem. I wear a very narrow size 12 a, which is extremely hard to find. I have a couple of pair of Russell Moccasin chukka boots that were custom made, as well as 3 pair of custom made western style. All others are Allen Edmond lace up dressier type boots. Allen Edmonds has boots and shoes made on different type lasts. Once you find a last that works you can buy any style made on that last and be rather sure it will fit well, not cheap but worth it as I can order online since local stores never carry narrow sizes.

I have Long Branches and love them. You may also want to look at Brooks Brothers version of the Alden Indy boot. It's a lug sole with Goodyear welt. I've seen them on EBay for $150

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Many years ago, a colleague of mine talked about his Mephisto shoes and how they were great for wide feet. I have no other experience with them, but the pricing looks along the lines of the Long Branches.

i have a pair of Mephiso shoes not boots but the best most comfortable wide shoe i have in my entire collection. just seem built for wide feet. i recommend them to anyone. their warranty is great but they are in Spain

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll check it out.

Hope you all had a great holiday and have a Happy New Year

For anyone who is curious. I tried out boots from Wolverine: 1000 mile and kilometer, Timberland, and ended up getting these BA Mason farm work boots https://www.bamason.com/product/work-america-men-s-6-farm-work/1007673-1?categoryId=c380202. Because it comes in several widths and the EE worked out perfectly. It's got everything I need: speed hooks, goodyear welts, smooth brown leather, rubber outsole, liner, etc. The only downside is it was made in China.

If and when I need more boot, I'll check out some options from Chippewa as they have wide sizes and made in America.

I too have very wide feet, and I have had several pairs of Mason's Executive Imperials in the past. Pretty solid shoes for the money.

I've got two pairs of AE boots. The dressier lasts are more true to size for me. The outdoorsier need two pairs of socks but fit great after that.

Their seconds sale ends at midnight tonight. (1.17.2017)

LL Bean also has good options with wide EE sizes, both their own brands and some models made by Chippewa.

Red Wing has some with wide sizes.

For those with narrow feet, BA Mason offers B widths online and the reviews have said it fits well for narrow feet. Also Timberland has several boots in their regular width that are uncomfortably narrow for me but might work for you.

I checked out Danner Forest Heights and Jack but the reviews kept saying their EE width was a lie. Supposedly it's a D width that can be stretched into EE if one is into stretching out leather. They look great though.

Top Bottom