What's new

can you use soap as a shampoo on your hair?

I have a couple of kiss my face pure olive oil bars and I was wondering if you can use these as a shampoo on the hair? Also, do you really need an apple cider vinegar rinse after you use soaps on your head?

Well speaking for myself I sometimes use soap like Ivory or Camay for example as a shampoo bar especially when I am travelling. I don't use vinegar of any sort to rinse my hair. My hair is short so it is easy to manage. I do give it an odd liquid shampoo to condition my hair.

Legion

Staff member
When I was a little kid I remember my grandmother lathering up my hair with a bar of soap. That's how they rolled in the olden days. None of this fancy bottled stuff.

When I was a little kid I remember my grandmother lathering up my hair with a bar of soap. That's how they rolled in the olden days. None of this fancy bottled stuff.
This. Used Dial bar soap when I was a mere wisp of a lad. IIRC we advanced to Dial shampoo.

I use the same bar soap to wash body and hair. .Usually a Castile bar soap or an all natual goats milk soap my step Daughter makes. Saves space in my travel kit. I don't use anything but water to rinse afterwards.

My hair is extremely short and for the past 20-25 years have only used Dove for everything. :thumbup1:
Yes, Dove isn't a soap though. I've used Dove and had no problems, other than I can't stand the smell of Dove... Even the unscented stuff is too strong to my senses. Bar soaps are high in wax context. It will build up over time and have to be stripped, if you aren't a pomade kinda guy, and go au naturel.

depends on how hard your water is and what type of soap you use.

I can wash hair with bar soap in soft water, but hard water leaves a film.

I've been using Sudsy Soapery bar soaps for my hair, I'm in my 50's so the hair is thinning a bit,
but it's easy, fast and seems to work just fine.

Nothing beats using real soap to wash your hair witb! I made a soap just for washing my hair. I've never used vinegar of any kind in my hair and entirely sure why you'd want to.

I use a bar of Grandpa's Pine Tar soap for everything, including hair. I also use an apple cider vinegar & water rinse on my hair because it seems to help with dandruff control.

Top Bottom