What's new

The old vid of a very fast one pass with a straight

As a non-German-speaker, I wonder if the captions were stating "don't try this at home"

An amzing performance I must say.

C.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
These responses are surprising to me. That is my shave almost exactly minus the second ATG pass. My razors are very sharp. One WTG and about 1/2 XTG pass and I'm done. But then again, I've been doing this for over 40 yrs.

When I discovered these forums a few years ago, I learned that some folks take their time and really enjoy their shave. It's always been a means to an end for me. Get 'er done and get to work!

These responses are surprising to me. That is my shave almost exactly minus the second ATG pass. My razors are very sharp. One WTG and about 1/2 XTG pass and I'm done. But then again, I've been doing this for over 40 yrs.

When I discovered these forums a few years ago, I learned that some folks take their time and really enjoy their shave. It's always been a means to an end for me. Get 'er done and get to work!

Some day I aspire to be able to say I've done more than just breathe for 40 years. :001_smile

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Some day I aspire to be able to say I've done more than just breathe for 40 years. :001_smile

Savor every moment and every friendship. Time is fleeting. It moves quickly and you will find yourself looking back frequently. Make sure those reflections are memorable.

While I can't say I'm very good at straight or shavette shaving, I have gotten a couple of excellent shaves from my CJB in one WTG pass with a little cleanup. That blade just sweeps the hair off whether it's one day's growth or several.

Ouch... by the sound of it, I think it wasn't a very smooth shave.

I really wish I could shave in two passes though, instead of my regular 4 passes + touch-ups.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Joel Ferman produced and starred in a one pass 5/8 singing razor video years ago that might prove valuable for you to view. I utilize the one pass process quite a bit but your beard might prove tougher. The video I believe is on the B&B YouTube channel.

I really wish I could shave in two passes though, instead of my regular 4 passes + touch-ups.

I think the sound you're hearing is a real hollow razor cutting whiskers, not anything to do with how smooth the shave was.

I wonder who does his honing? Is he using something like Nair as shave cream? To take that much off so easily and quick is amazing.

Kind of what my shave looked like yesterday. 5 days growth, balanced on one leg at the sink, 2 passes with a freshly stropped straight, smooth face with no leaking, and felt a whole lot better!
I have to admit that I'm not quite as quick as he is, but I'm pretty sure he has a day or two more practicing than I do. Takes me about 10 minutes to lather, do 2 passes, and clean up my brush and sink.

Top Bottom