What's new

New Steward reporting for duty

After promising to never use match light briquets in the grill, and to never use steel wool on the non-stick pans, it was decided I'd be allowed the honor or taking a run being the new Stew for the Mess Hall.

Looking forward to expanding past my usual BL haunt. lol

Have fun [emoji490][emoji494][emoji488][emoji487][emoji894][emoji895][emoji502][emoji501][emoji492][emoji508][emoji514][emoji899]

Thanks for taking the time with this position. I'm no chef, although I can do pretty well on the grill or over a campfire, but I really enjoy the recipes and ideas here.

Thanks all. While I've been a stranger to the Mess Hall, I'm no stranger to being in a kitchen or at a grill/smoker. I started learning to cook around 10 years old, got my first cookbook at 12 years old (still have it, even), and did 2 years vocational school in my later teens for professional baking, with plans to go to culinary school after high school. Life's mishaps threw a wrench in that part of the plan, but I did then work in some small restaurants and bakeries during that time as well. One summer for my vacation, I did head cook duties for a group of 18 people on a two week campout, planning and cooking 2 meals a day for us. For our housewarming party a few months back, I smoked 6 whole chickens, made 4 pans of apple crisp, and 2 pans of brownies.

The wife doesn't really cook, so I am the main head of the kitchen here at home. I have a pretty well stocked kitchen, a pretty large propane smoker, and an on it's last legs propane grill (will be replacing that in the next 5-6 months, not sure with what yet, I'll start a thread for discussion on it eventually). Shouldn't take me long to feel pretty at home here in the Mess Hall. :)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
proxy.php

No way, no how..... ain't happening! :lol:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pretty soon we will have you smoking meat while you're smoking your pipe :biggrin: Congrats on the job- there are some pretty dang good cooks here.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Welcome to the Mess Hall Dustin. Should I mention your intiniation meal? I'll answer that question for you. Join us over in the monthly cookout, the theme this month is chili.

Have fun.

Welcome, Dustin! This is my favorite forum on the site. I enjoy the recipes, pictures, and ideas that come out of the interactions here. Keep it moderate.

Top Bottom