What's new

Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake and Palmer

ELP was great back in the '70s. The only band I liked better in concert was Pink Floyd. I never was a fan of Lake's lyrics but the band's sound was awesome!

I really enjoyed ELP back in the day, sorry to hear of his passing.

One of my favorites:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel very fortunate to have seen ELP for the Brain Salad Surgery Tour around 1973 at Madison Square Garden, R.I.P. Greg

Oh man, Greg Lake and I shared a birthday! Keith Emerson passed earlier this year, too, right? What a rotten year for rock and roll.

What a great musician hebwad, I have a copy of brain salad surgery on vinyl best dollar ever spent. I shall be listening to his music in his memory. May he rest in piece

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wow, I had not either. We are losing too many great musicians and other cultural figures. I have gotten so I hate to contribute to these threads. It is too sad!

It's a reminder that we, too, are getting older.

I remember my fourth grade teacher was a big fan of ELP and he used to bring in the albums for us to listen to during quiet reading time (on vinyl because it was that long ago). That's how I got hooked on the band. RIP, Mr. Lake.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Not Greg Lake here, but it's a fitting tribute. Besides, I love Chester Thompson on drums.

Top Bottom