What's new

Better handle for DE89

I love my DE89 but the original smooth handle is too slippery. Where is a good place to get a similar handle to the stock handle, but with a little more grip?

Thanks.

Maggard Razors and West Coast Shaving both offer stainless handles for reasonable prices. The MR5 handle from Maggard is a really popular choice.

I picked up an iKon Bulldog handle for a decent price. I paired it with a DE89 head clone and it was my main razor for a while. The knurling is good and the weight is excellent.

I noticed a little rust on my Maggard MR5 handle. It's less than a year old. I got on the Maggard web site and using the Chat function the owner of the company talked with me. He asked me to email a couple of pictures of the handle and 5 minutes after that a brand new handle is on the way. Talk about customer service. I was truly impressed. We think it may have been a bad batch of stainless steel; but, will never know for sure. One thing I do know, Maggard's has a customer for life. You don't see service like that very often. Well done Maggard's.

$20161208_124417.jpg$20161208_124435.jpg

Last edited:
<snip>Talk about customer service. I was truly impressed. We think it may have been a bad batch of stainless steel; but, will never know for sure. One thing I do know, Maggard's has a customer for life. You don't see service like that very often. Well done Maggard's.

I have been seriously impressed with Maggard's customer service.

Maggard Razor and Italian Barber have a great selection of stainless steel handles. I have one from each.

The handle on the DE89L is slippery. I found it to be much more functional when I stretched a piece of silicone tubing over it.

I love my DE89 but the original smooth handle is too slippery. Where is a good place to get a similar handle to the stock handle, but with a little more grip?

Thanks.
2 words that will change your life... "Plasti dip" comes in a variety of colors and finishes. Relatively cheap if you sop around. Just clean the handle then dip as mich in the plasti dip and then pull it out and let it dry. Voila, rubber coating. Flex seal does the same thing too and is available everywhere.

I use a Rockwell 6 handle on mine. I have one of the original Rockwell razors and it is way too aggressive for me, but the handle is pretty close to perfection. They that sucker on an R89 head and made that razor a whole lot better.

Top Bottom