What's new

Pre de Provence arrived but it stinks. Yuk!

I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to an awesome shave. This stuff smells like a urinal puck. It's going back. Didn't even try it. Just closed the lid and stuck it back in the box. Does the 63 have a similar smell or is it any better? I'd really like to try it.

The PDP & PDP63 both have an herbal scent. PDP63 is spicier and I really like it. Urinal puck does not come to mind when I think of PDP.

I love the smell of 63, both the soap and the balm. As they say, however, scent is very subjective.

1) fresh urinal packs are not a disgusting scent, artificial yes, disgusting no.

2) what the heck do urinal pucks smell like down in Houston that Sage reminds you of them :lol:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Maybe air it a day or two?

PdP63 is a phenomenal scent/performer. Going to try its "sibling" one day.

AA

I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to an awesome shave. This stuff smells like a urinal puck. It's going back. Didn't even try it. Just closed the lid and stuck it back in the box. Does the 63 have a similar smell or is it any better? I'd really like to try it.

you either have a weird sense of smell or you are on drugs. PDP smells nothing like a urinal puck.

what do you mean 'going back'? Returned for a refund for something not bearing a factory seal??

63 is most definitely a 'warmer' smell.

Lol. These responses are all hilarious! I do have a very sensitive olfactory sense. I suppose it's entirely possible that urinal cakes in Houston smell exceptionally good. I was given the option to return it so yeah, it's going back. It wasn't 'sealed', just in its tin in the shipping box. I'll give 63 a shot. I like warmer scents. Thanks fellas!

Pretty suspicious. Pre de Provence does _not_ have a smell like that. And it should have been sealed. I think you got something else. I think sending it back was the right move.

I can understand people thinking that Arko smelled that way, but not Pre de Provence. One doesn't have to like the smell to know it doesn't smell like that. So far I'm not a fan of the scent, but willing to let it grow on me. But it smells nothing at all like any public restroom I've even been in.

Pretty suspicious. Pre de Provence does _not_ have a smell like that. And it should have been sealed. I think you got something else. I think sending it back was the right move.

I can understand people thinking that Arko smelled that way, but not Pre de Provence. One doesn't have to like the smell to know it doesn't smell like that. So far I'm not a fan of the scent, but willing to let it grow on me. But it smells nothing at all like any public restroom I've even been in.

That didn't even occur to me. I bought on Amazon ($11 shipped) so it could very well be fake/old stock. Good point raised.

Lol. These responses are all hilarious! I do have a very sensitive olfactory sense. I suppose it's entirely possible that urinal cakes in Houston smell exceptionally good. I was given the option to return it so yeah, it's going back. It wasn't 'sealed', just in its tin in the shipping box. I'll give 63 a shot. I like warmer scents. Thanks fellas!

I cannot recall if my PdP tins were sealed. Either way, give 63 a shot. It smells very similar to Burberry for Men or Victor and Rolf Spice Bomb. I'm currently 3017ing it.

I've never connected it to urinal cake, but it is a fresh clean bright herbal scent, and I suppose someone could connect this to urinal cake or cleaning product or air freshener.
Either way, you smell what you smell and if you don't like it and have the option to return it, you can't beat that!
Good luck!

Top Bottom