What's new

Top 10 Best, $100.00 and Below (Daily Shaver" DE Safety Razors of All Time

What are considered to be (I know: YMMV, and all of that) the: Top 10 Best, $100.00 and Below ("Daily Shaver"), DE/Double Edge Safety Razors of All Time

I would imagine that the list would include a mix of vintage, as well as currently produced safety razors, though it is "OKAY" if some people feel that ALL of the: "Top 10 Best, $100.00 and Below ("Daily Shaver"), DE/Double Edge Safety Razors of All Time" are all vintage, while other people feel that ALL of the: "Top 10 Best, $100.00 and Below ("Daily Shaver"), DE/Double Edge Safety Razors of All Time" are all currently produced safety razors.

* - I am really interested in seeing the results of my above question to you all. . . I did a fairly thorough search on the internet to find an answer to the above question, but I found no definitive answers - (I did find some information / rankings of vintage razors ONLY, or currently produced safety razors ONLY, but no blended lists - (A combination of vintage and new razors.). . . I have to believe that the: "Top 10 Best, $100.00 and Below ("Daily Shaver"), DE/Double Edge Safety Razors of All Time" is a blended list of vintage, as well as currently produced safety razors.

Last edited:
It seems the answers are going to vary. I don't own 10 razors but I'd like to see the Gillette slim on the list. Nice shaver, very versatile with the adjustments, and flatter head for getting under the nose, it is my daily driver.

I'd expect others will probably throw a Gillette new in there as well.

$worms.jpg

Merkur Futur is my number one. Infinite adjustability, nice weight, futuristic form factor, and comfortable long handle. I don't have a problem shaving under my nose and don't lift my nose up to get there. It has never come even close to slipping out of my hand. I get the same feeling when I use the Futur as I do when I use my self-propelled mower. Effortless shaves.

There are so many great razors that are daily shavers that are under $100. The lists can go on and on, but here are just a few:
Weber PH Classic Handle
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Slim
Gillette Super Adjustable (BB)
Gem or Ever Ready 1912
Gem Micromatic OC (aggressive) or SB (Mild)
Erwin Jagger DE 89 Extra Grip
Merkur 34c or 38c
Merkur Progress
Gillette Old Type Ball End
Probak OC

And the list goes on and on and.........

One modern razor that should be included is the Weishi 9306
They're available in 2 different sizes and various different finishes
They're well made and consistent, a lot of DE shavers had a Weishi as their starter razor - a lot of experienced DE shavers still use theirs too
They're as good as the skill of the shaver who uses them, so they're equally suitable for beginners and experienced shavers alike
At less than $10 on average you get a lot of bangs for your buck - if you get one of each short and long handled Weishi available, you'll have a pretty impressive collection that won't break the bank
For the price, they've got to be one of the best value modern razors available

my favorite razors under $100?
Gillette NEW long comb
Gillette Superspeed 40's style
Gillette Superspeed flair tip
Gillette Slim
Gillette Super
Merkur 37c
Fatip Piccolo
Parker 26c
Those are the ones I use the most.

These are my top 4.

• Ball-End Brass Tech - good balance of weight and size. Fairly mild, but still capable of a great BBS for many.
  • No Date Code 46-47 Aristocrat - shaves similar to a Ball-End post war Tech, but is a TTO and has more heft to it. They also have a very nice look to them.
  • German 4 piece OC travel razor (various brands) - moderately aggressive, nice design, and provides great shaves. Comes in a nice little case. Is lightweight because the handles are hollow, so not recommended for people that like really heavy razors.
  • Fatip Piccolo (current production) - medium high aggressiveness, solidly heavy for the size, and the current production are said to be better than vintage.

I'd be happy shaving with any one of those with my preferred blades (Feather & Lord Super Chrome) for a long time. I'd probably pick the Piccolo if I had to narrow it down to just one.

my favorite razors under $100?
Gillette NEW long comb
Gillette Superspeed 40's style
Gillette Superspeed flair tip
Gillette Slim
Gillette Super
Merkur 37c
Fatip Piccolo
Parker 26c
Those are the ones I use the most.

The spelling police will be along shortly. :001_rolle :laugh:

Some of these are guesses on razors I haven't yet tried but assume based on reviews to be great.

1. Fatboy
  2. Slim
  3. NEW Deluxe
  4. NEW (LC or SC)
  5. R41 (2013)
  6. Progress (or Mergress, Long or Short)
  7. Rockwell 6S
  8. Fatip Grande (if you can get one without alignment issues)
  9. Tech
  10. Old Type

I think the concept here is a little flawed.

$100 unfortunately covers the vast majority of available razors. Some boutique coat more but they are the exception rather than the rule.

i don't think many of the list given for a 'daily shaver' would gave been much different without the $100 limit.

Ps I am pretty sure that my list would be mostly a half a dozen vintage gillettes. Maybe with a krona added in (though I have never used one).

One modern razor that should be included is the Weishi 9306
They're available in 2 different sizes and various different finishes
They're well made and consistent, a lot of DE shavers had a Weishi as their starter razor - a lot of experienced DE shavers still use theirs too
They're as good as the skill of the shaver who uses them, so they're equally suitable for beginners and experienced shavers alike
At less than $10 on average you get a lot of bangs for your buck - if you get one of each short and long handled Weishi available, you'll have a pretty impressive collection that won't break the bank
For the price, they've got to be one of the best value modern razors available

I have one and disagree. With a very, very sharp blade I might be convinced otherwise.

I'll nominate the Schick Krona and Gillette Tech, which are my current favorites.

Mind you, I've only had experience using about a dozen different razors over 34 years, and currently only own four razors (all DE's).

Top Bottom