What's new

From Oakland to Texas

I live in Oakland Ca.
Thank you Texas!
$texasoakland.jpg

There was a horrible fire at a warehouse in Oakland that was used as a live/work space for artists. The building was not zoned for residence but people lived there nonetheless. There was an electronic dance festival/party last Saturday night and a fire started on the ground floor with all of the event goers upstairs on the second floor. There were no fire exits. Only a make shift stairway made from pallets that led back to the front entrance. It was the worst of all possible outcomes.

36 lives lost. A horrible happening in a city filled with people who try so hard to make the Bay Area a little more beautiful, and lovable.

May their souls rest in everlasting peace.

And yes - thank you Texas.

There was a horrible fire at a warehouse in Oakland that was used as a live/work space for artists. The building was not zoned for residence but people lived there nonetheless. There was an electronic dance festival/party last Saturday night and a fire started on the ground floor with all of the event goers upstairs on the second floor. There were no fire exits. Only a make shift stairway made from pallets that led back to the front entrance. It was the worst of all possible outcomes.

36 lives lost. A horrible happening in a city filled with people who try so hard to make the Bay Area a little more beautiful, and lovable.

May their souls rest in everlasting peace.

And yes - thank you Texas.

Yes. I live in Oakland, family in Alameda, so I pass through Fruitvale several times a week. Radio station I listen to lost four peeps in that fire. Acknowledgement from Texas meant a lot.

Top Bottom