What's new

Favorite model year Corvette

My Uncle actually restores Corvettes in IA as his job - His first was a Midnight blue '65 that was a frame off restoration... gorgeous car!
Then he had a '72 in Ontario orange, I like that body style too, the color - well not so much! Now he has a 2001 in a beautiful white color. My Mom had to have a vette because of her brother, and she had a gorgeous 1982 Blue with the mirrored T-tops (and the cheesy split-fire injection... probably the slowest of the vettes!)

I LOVE the new ones, and it is hard to compare body styles as the mid 60s were also awesome as were the late 70s! To me, they share the name Corvette, but each generation might as well be a whole different line of cars as they go through such dramatic transformations!

(but if I HAD to pick one, the 65 was just classy, tough, and slick!)

when the Navy was in the process of closing Quonset in the early 70's sailors pulled the plates left their cars all over, mostly on back roads . After advertising for 30 days the tow company could sell the car for the tow bill and a buck a day storage. I ended up with a '59 blue with white inserts for well under $100. Someone hacked a 348 into it. Top was in tatters, interior shot. Hit a pebble at 40mph and the wheel would shake out of my hand. Kingpins.
Put a small block in it, new top, recovered the seats and of course kingpins. Thing rode like a buckboard. Sold it for $2600 and my Dad said I should be arrested for robbery! Sure wish I had it today!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I honor of the late John Glenn, I will temporarily change my answer to 1962, the year he orbited the Earth.

proxy.php

Just for kicks I looked up some other polls on-line which indicated that the '63 and '67 are big favorites, at least for looks. I guess this poll is fairly consistent with that.

I also ended up looking at a lot of Corvettes over the years. A good looking car in retrospect across the years, at least to me, perhaps more so than even at the time.

I think the early T-birds had it over the early Corvettes in looks, but that sure did not last long!

That green vette has me flipping thru my old book covering model years thru 1991. I think the green one might be a 59 or 60 as in 61 they went from the rounded rear to the stingray rear. 1962 is still my preferred year as they went to the 327.

$IMG_0410.jpg

ouch

That green vette has me flipping thru my old book covering model years thru 1991. I think the green one might be a 59 or 60 as in 61 they went from the rounded rear to the stingray rear. 1962 is still my preferred year as they went to the 327.

View attachment 708029

That's what I love about this site- I can't pull anything over these guys. Cascade green was only available in 1960 as far as I know. I still prefer the older rear end, but I'll take anything from 1958-1962.

Nice catch!

ouch

Duh! A bigger giveaway is the two-toned paint. In '62, they only offered solid colors, a step back in my opinion.

1958. Family had one when I was a kid. Dad sold it just before I turned 14. White with grey inserts, red interior. Factory 283.

miss that car.

The Corvette maybe my absolute favorite car and I think the 1972 is maybe the best looking car ever, the lines are striking
$72 corvette.jpg

Attachments

• $72 vette.jpg
    $72 vette.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22
The Corvette maybe my absolute favorite car and I think the 1972 is maybe the best looking car ever, the lines are striking
View attachment 709487

Gorgeous! That for me is the height, as well. My first experience with Vettes was my neighbor's, a red and white '57. I turned green every time he rolled through with that, but when I saw the styling of the 70's it was true love. Still turn and stare whenever I see one, though it seems fewer and fewer. I had an English teacher freshmen year of high school, she had a '91 green convertible with the brown top. It gave her a certain character and hall cred. She was also the one who fast forwarded the nude scene from Romeo and Juliet, then left the room mysteriously for ten minutes after telling us she had skipped the nude scene because we couldn't watch it. I took the cue and did what needed to be done. Not my favorite vette or even English teacher, but still interesting and good in it's own right.

Top Bottom