What's new

Favorite model year Corvette

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I owned a '71 Chevelle, but the only car I ever thought that I'd trade it for was a '72 Stingray. Still get tingles running up and down my leg as bad as Chris Matthews whenever I see either one, lol.

Love me the '63 split window. Worked at a car wash in the 70's and HATED the drive on the 70's Stingrays. The current crop is drop dead sexy. Once I get these kids out of college, I might just get serious about a Z06.

67 Vert.

proxy.php

I have to say, I'm really in love with the 2014-2016 models. It's been a long time since I've been infatuated with a car, and those are it. Just something sexy about them.

Since I know that's probably sacriledge, my previous favorite was probably the 1965 Stingray, though I really liked everything from 63 to 67.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

Now you're talkin'!

Beautiful.

The first series, 1953-1957, were cute as a button, but hardly performance vehicles. The 1963-1967's were the quintessential studmuffins muscle Vettes. But for me the 1958-1962 lineup was the perfect balance of old world charm and futuristic, and have stood the test of time the best.

1963 split window is way up on my list.

I owned 1959 snowcrest white w/red interior, what it lacked technologically was made up tenfold
by it's superlative styling.

I have to say, I'm really in love with the 2014-2016 models. It's been a long time since I've been infatuated with a car, and those are it. Just something sexy about them.

Since I know that's probably sacriledge, my previous favorite was probably the 1965 Stingray, though I really liked everything from 63 to 67.

I agree re the current models and was wondering if others felt the same way.

I also like the way a lot of the older vettes look. I am not sure I could make a choice among them.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've never been a particular devotee of the Plastic Pig. But, if forced to pick one it would be that 67 - thereafter the looks went downhill. The entire second generation were pretty cool, but like many, the one from the year I got my driver's license was the ultra.

My grandfather has a '59 when he was in high school, and my dad had a '64 & '66 when he was in high school. Sadly a drunk driver hit him head on totaling the the '64, after that was when he got the '66.

Coincidentally they are my two favorite body styles, and they happen to have a sentimental beauty to them as well:thumbup1:

Another vote for the C2 Corvette. One of the most beautiful cars ever styled . . . . . not just my opinion but many others also.

My grandfather has a '59 when he was in high school, and my dad had a '64 & '66 when he was in high school. Sadly a drunk driver hit him head on totaling the the '64, after that was when he got the '66.

Coincidentally they are my two favorite body styles, and they happen to have a sentimental beauty to them as well:thumbup1:

Corvettes in high school! I hate rich kids. Just kidding, of course. But if I had a Vette in high school, I doubt whether I would be alive to write this, yet in your family two generations made it through.Props for that alone!

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
My 60 model was my favorite but my wife has a 1SB 2013 convertible with the 427 and manual tranny and it's incredible. She doesn't let me drive it often since I showed her that it could get to 140 on the entrance ramp and still not be in 6th. Before you judge, you need to understand the long ramped sweeper ramps that we have out here.

I like the C3 models best. It's all about the sharp creases on the fenders and the exaggerated "coke bottle" profile.
Gimme one with a T-top, and an earlier one because of how they rendered the shark-gill vents behind the front wheels.

My mom had a candy apple red '63 convertible Stingray. I never saw the car because she and my dad traded it a few years down the line when they needed to make room for a carseat for yours truly.

Top Bottom