What's new

Any opinions about Razorock after shave splash?

I want to try some new AS recently, Razorock AS splash jump to my list because RR soaps always serve me well.
However there are not many reviews about RR AS splash.
RR after shave splash questionably have very good price, especially for an artisan one.
How do Razorock AS compare with other well-known AS?
(for example: Myrsol, Floid, Fine...).
Very thanks for you opinions.

I've only ever used one and that is Mudder Focker and while I can't recall the scent it emulates I can say that I like it a lot and would definitely purchase it again. Since I don't have any issues with aftershaves and the way they affect my skin, I judge my likes/dislikes by scent and this one is a winner for me. I'm also terrible at describing scents so I can't help there, either. Feels good. Smells good. This one, at least, gets thumbs up from me.

I have only used on RazoRock AS splash so far, their Santal Royale. The scent is great and lasts _all day_ on me. It feels great on my skin. I plan to repurchase it when the bottle is empty.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their other splashes based on the performance of this one.

I have 4-5 of their aftershaves; hard to say anything bad about them for the price! I don't have any Floid, but I have Myrsol, PAA, B&M, and few others.

They are certainly meant to be a less expensive products, so they don't contain some of the same ingredients that make the artisans you mentioned products so coveted and also in some cases 2-4 times the price. So the overall performance is different obviously.

For instance Myrsol F./Extra is what I used for my most recent shave - one of my favorite razorock AS's is Amici - They both have a great scent to them (they don't smell alike) - As far as aftershaves are concerned they both are alcohol based and serve their purpose and feel good doing it. BUT the Myrsol has more overall ingredients like light menthol and skin related properties to tone etc. that make the over post shave, post feel, and overall results MUCH better. While the razorock has fine post shave feel it is not in the same league as Myrsol. This is no way meant to make it seem like Razorock aftershaves are not worth buying, I have them and still use them in a regular rotation and am happy to do so, and plan on buying many more of them. The scent on the Razorock AS's might last on me a little longer than Myrsol depending. I was sort of rambling here and hoped it helped somewhat!

I have Amici and For New York. Both are great, last reasonnably long and feel great. Price-point is nice too.

I am relatively new to wet shaving and have only been using AS's regularly since July. I believe RazoRock AS's are a good value. I only have Amici & Mr. Pink. They both came in nice glass bottles. Quality-wise of the solution, they are on par with other classic alcohol based, short lived AS's, like Clubman, Aqua Velva, & Booster to name the ones I use regularly. I also have a few PAA products like #9, Grove, Clown Fruit, and Bay Rum Tonic. These are more expensive, but last longer, and have more complex ingredients.

I have found that they are all great for what they are. I definitely like a good alcohol splash, and RazorRock AS's fit the bill nicely. If you like this type of product, they offer quality scents in nicer packaging then just basic plastic bottles.

Steve

I have a ton of them. I like them. They all could use some menthol in them though. That's why I have a bag of menthol crystals coming.

Tuscan Oud is my favorite.

I only have the one - Tuscan Oud, which is essentially Tom Ford Tuscan Leather without the raspberry. It's crazy strong, and long lasting, but lacking in face-soothing ingredients. So I apply witch hazel first.

(I also have the Surrati copy oil, Tom Tuskan Leather, which smells just like the TF original. . . except without the raspberry.)

RazoRock aftershaves are great for the price, though I would use a balm or moisturizer with them in winter. Tuscan Oud and XXX are my favorites.

I was curious about the RazoRock Evil Eye Lime Aftershave. Does it smell like candy, or is it more like a real lime?

I would rank them in the "good" column along with Floid and Fine.

I would say Phoenix and Myrsol are a cut above them though

The Tuscan Oud is definitely my favorite and if they ever get back in stock I will buy 3 or 4 bottles of it.

Currently I also have Amici, Acqua, Son of Zeus, Irish Countryside and I am probably forgetting one or two.

A couple of days ago I took deliver of a big bag of menthol crystals. I tried them in one bottle first to get the amount right and make sure it didn't alter the scent. Long story short, 3 medium/large sized crystals in a 400ML bottle of RR splash will not alter the scent and will make it nice and cold. I did this to all my RR splashes and a bottle of AV.

I've used the RazoRock American Barber and Puros splashes. Wonderful scents, long lasting and as I like to pair soaps and after shaves by scent, these are great.

I enjoy the scents but I find their formula is lacking a bit for my face. Scent did last quite awhile though.
I find Sterling and Fine to be better for me.

I agree on the Oud and enjoy the XXX as well. I tried to like but couldn't adapt to The Stallion. Just over the top of me.

I have RazoRock “Problem Solver” Lime Aftershave Splash. It is alcohol-free. But does sting (in a nice way) because of the citrus in it.

Top Bottom