What's new

Attention Mitchells Wool fat fans!

The title of this thread had me scared. I was ready to order a few pucks. But I'm glad this one has a happy ending. So, does the neighborhood smell like the wonderful clean scent of Mitchell's?

Sadly no but only better I have been past it loads of times I did manage to call in once got some bath soap now that is good stuff aswell but trying to park an artic outside is a big problem there is a car park at the rear but sadly I cannot get my truck in lol

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your comments, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who likes to dig a bit deeper and learn a little bit more about things I have an interest in. The Gentleman I spoke to at Mitchell's told me that they export to 22 Countries and I got the distinct impression that the Wool Fat was in very good hands. I'm glad that there was no 'Corporate' feel, no Laboratory, no mirrored glass Skyscraper, just a traditional small business that produces a world renowned shaving soap.[/QUOTE

Nicely said! I like to support the Mom and Pop type places to get my shave stuff also. There are a bunch out there.

Great info! I thought it was a big production line type factory, good to know it's a Mom and Pop brick and mortar, makes me feel even better using their product, it might feel like some love has been packed with every puck!

$Petersburg-Products-International-factory-in-Russia.jpg

I was only joking when I asked if anyone had a photo of the Astra Blade Plant in St Petersburg.
But here it is, the Russian Procter and Gamble factory that produces some of the world's most liked blades.
I don't live nearby...I found the photo on line.

Thanks for posting those! Love MWF and the bath soap. My pucks and dish were ordered from Wingham Wool Work, if I remember right. I wonder what the connection is.
http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk

The Myrsol "factory" in Barcelona is similarly in a residential area...

Interesting post FL shaver.
Also I notice the Wool Fat puck is 50p less at Wingham!
The rent is cheaper in Rotherham.

Thanks for posting. I first bought MWF years ago before it was carried by vendors. In fact, if I recall correctly the name of the company I bought it from was something like Wingham Wool or something like that. This company produced real wool products and carried MWF. I recall a few years later getting an email from them about problems they were having with shipping to the U.S.

Thanks for posting those! Love MWF and the bath soap. My pucks and dish were ordered from Wingham Wool Work, if I remember right. I wonder what the connection is.
http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk

The Myrsol "factory" in Barcelona is similarly in a residential area...

Thanks for the site link. That is the company I bought MWF years ago. I placed my order for the dish plus a refill and I received it within two weeks.

Joe Namath living in the United Kingdom writing about Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap, love it. I like that it's still a small/humble business. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom