What's new

Attention Mitchells Wool fat fans!

Today I called in to see the nice people at Mitchells Wool Fat Soap in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England.
I bought a puck, and they kindly let me take some shots of their premises which may interest their customers.

$IMG_0154.JPG$IMG_0152.JPG$IMG_0155.JPG$IMG_0156.JPG

The shelves in reception displayed all their many products.
Odd that such a respected and admired product comes from such a discreet building.

I have called in 3 or 4 times over the past few years and they have always been very nice to deal with.
Makes you like the stuff even more!:001_rolle

Thanks for sharing, Broadway. My den will never be 'fat-free'.. Hope to try some of their other products in the near future.

It just looks like somebody's house from the road.
I work nearby, and I pass it all the time. It's in a residential area rather than an Industrial Estate.
Bradford was the centre of the Wool Industry decades ago.
When you drive around Bradford you see the remnants of what was once a thriving industrial City.
Manufacturing has almost all gone, and people earn their money from services now.

Very nice post ... Thanks for sharing.

I'd love to see more posts like this one,
highlighting the people, places and origins behind our favorite wet-shaving products,
both hardware and software.

Yes... I must admit I would enjoy photographs of the places my favourite products come from.
Anyone got a photo of the Astra blade factory in St Petersburg ?
I realise that's a long shot!

Very, very nice. Yesteryear come and gone. Good to see tradition and those that plant roots in a community stand and deliver. I just might try Mitchell's out.... :thumbup1:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Super cool to see what it looks like, I've only ever imagined before, thank you. Like putting a face to a person after only hearing their voice!

Aaaaaah the FAT!...........man! every wet shaver must have the FAT! in there wet shaving wet shaving rotation, must try the FAT! and you must love the FAT!

The title of this thread had me scared. I was ready to order a few pucks. But I'm glad this one has a happy ending. So, does the neighborhood smell like the wonderful clean scent of Mitchell's?

The title of this thread had me scared. I was ready to order a few pucks. But I'm glad this one has a happy ending. So, does the neighborhood smell like the wonderful clean scent of Mitchell's?

The title had me hopeful, I thought I was going to hear about different scents of da Fat.

Thanks a lot OP lol

Thanks for posting. I first bought MWF years ago before it was carried by vendors. In fact, if I recall correctly the name of the company I bought it from was something like Wingham Wool or something like that. This company produced real wool products and carried MWF. I recall a few years later getting an email from them about problems they were having with shipping to the U.S.

Thanks everyone for your comments, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who likes to dig a bit deeper and learn a little bit more about things I have an interest in. The Gentleman I spoke to at Mitchell's told me that they export to 22 Countries and I got the distinct impression that the Wool Fat was in very good hands. I'm glad that there was no 'Corporate' feel, no Laboratory, no mirrored glass Skyscraper, just a traditional small business that produces a world renowned shaving soap.

Top Bottom