What's new

Barbasol Original- an old friend

Pacific rush and the brisk AS are available here in MD at alot of dollar stores. But I agree an original scent AS would be awesome. Fine American blend tried to angle their scent towards canned foam. I don't get it. But it's amazing as its own scent.

I love Brisk, and Pacific Rush (thanks Big Lots!) is pretty good; it's funny they didn't bother with one that actually smells like the old beard buster.

I found a bottle of the Barbasol Brisk (green) when I was stationed in Puerto Rico a few years ago. Honestly I don't remember if it was on post or at a grocery store, but I still have it, and it's mostly full (only used a few times and transferred to a glass hot sauce bottle). It's not bad, but it does really just remind me of a Skin Bracer clone. Nothing to compare to the beard buster.

I've always felt that Barbasol Brisk smelled like Skin Bracer with a dollop of original Barbasol floating in it. I definitely find that Barbasol scent to be a major component of the fragrance. I usually use the brisk when I do a Barbasol shave which happens once every couple of weeks give or take. I usually add water to the foam until it's just about ready to collapse into a liquid and then massage it onto my face to sit for a minute or so. much of the time I'll give a quick little hit from an Arko stick or a dab of Noxzema before I apply the lather. It doesn't save too much time, but it's still a little quicker than my regular lather routines.

Have two unused cans left over from my Mach 3 days that I decided to use them up.

Started using it today with my 34C with an Astra SP blade.

Nice BBS shave. The Barbasol stays moist for a ling time and has a very nice barber shop scent.

i only use barbasol original when in a hurry at which time i skip the brush and massage my face with water then apply the barbasol.while not as good i find i get a descent shave but again only when i am in a hurry without much time to spare.john

After DE shaving with Barbasol for the last few days I have to say it does not have the lubrication that my Proraso or TOBS has.

When I used it with my Mach 3, the Mach 3 lubricating strips added the lubrication that is missing from the DE shave.

I've always felt that Barbasol Brisk smelled like Skin Bracer with a dollop of original Barbasol floating in it. I definitely find that Barbasol scent to be a major component of the fragrance. I usually use the brisk when I do a Barbasol shave which happens once every couple of weeks give or take. I usually add water to the foam until it's just about ready to collapse into a liquid and then massage it onto my face to sit for a minute or so. much of the time I'll give a quick little hit from an Arko stick or a dab of Noxzema before I apply the lather. It doesn't save too much time, but it's still a little quicker than my regular lather routines.
That's an interesting observation. I get the SB + something else, but I never perceived the something else as Barbasol. You have a much more discriminating nose than I do!

Top Bottom