What's new

Tabac

I grated a Williams puck into an empty TOB cream tub and drowned it in Tabac EDC (Tabac-Willy). A week later it was ready. I also removed 2oz of the EDC from the Tabac bottle and added 2oz of witch hazel to make Tabac after shave. My last 2 shaves were with that soap & AS (2 pass BBS shave). I must admit the scent is growing on me. :001_smile

I've been using it for a few weeks now for the first time and really like. At times I find it to be almost too slick, almost cut myself a few days ago from not being able to hold on to the razor. The scent isn't great but it is growing on me.

My favorite soap, and count me in the "like the scent" camp. I used the edc today, and my wife said "what are you wearing today? It's not too strong", which is as close to a compliment as I get from her about my scents.

When I first tried Tabac I did not like the scent but did like the performance. However, after a while I even liked the scent.

When I first tried Tabac I did not like the scent but did like the performance. However, after a while I even liked the scent.

+1 Me, too.

OP, there are few slicker soaps. (I think Haslinger Schafmilch has the edge, but it's close.) As others have said, use more water and make a gloppy lather rather than a fluffy one. Tabac lathers up in no time, but it's not done until you incorporate more water into it.

Tabac is not only slick, it has a great residual slickness, where if you take another stroke where you just shaved, it feels almost as slick as the first one. For many SR guys (who tend to value slickness above other qualities) it's a go-to soap.

+1 Me, too.

OP, there are few slicker soaps. (I think Haslinger Schafmilch has the edge, but it's close.) As others have said, use more water and make a gloppy lather rather than a fluffy one. Tabac lathers up in no time, but it's not done until you incorporate more water into it.

Tabac is not only slick, it has a great residual slickness, where if you take another stroke where you just shaved, it feels almost as slick as the first one. For many SR guys (who tend to value slickness above other qualities) it's a go-to soap.
I agree and could not have said it better.

Tabac stick soap has me hooked on face lathering!

Love the smell (it's amazing the differences we have when it comes to this). I use a Razorock Plissoft synthetic brush and get fantastic lather from it. Not only does it lather well and provide excellent protection, post shave clean up is a tad quicker on work mornings because I don't have to rinse out a bowl chock full of dense lather.

Following my Tabac shaves I use a healthy dose of Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS and man that combo just kick starts my mornings.

+1 Me, too.

+1..
I think Tabac will be my all-time favorite.
Tabac is the standard when I try new soaps (no matter soft or hard soaps).
Do gents find any soaps which top Tabac?

Tabac Original has been my favourite aftershave for more than 11 years

When I finally got around to treating myself to a Tabac Stick, I was a bit surprised, but not disappointed
I love the heavy duty plastic tube with the screw top, it's got an old fashioned quality about it
I was expecting the scent to be the same as the aftershave, but I got a surprise - although they both share the same DNA, the scent of the soap is an entirely different animal !!
I love the scent, but I physically can't use it early in the morning because whenever I try to, it plays hell with my sinuses and makes me sneeze uncontrollably
Luckily I don't have that problem on the rare occasions I use it in the afternoon or early evening when getting ready to go out at night
Tabac Original is strictly a night time scent for me too, so when I use the Tabac soap or aftershave, 9 times out of 10 I'll use them both in the same set up

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used Tabac this morning and I didn't take my time to make a voluminous lather and got a shave that I would get from going to a barbershop. I had residual slickness rinsing of in between passes. I got three nicks that weren't painful. I'm not blaming that on Tabac I think I got a bad batch of Personna Reds. The shaves I've received from Tabac have always been very smooth and I always have had residual slickness. I have never experienced Tabac not being slick. It's always been the opposite

This soap took me some time to master. I actually SOLD my first puck then decided to try again and glad I did. I'm still not huge on the scent but I like the performance.

Tabac is my daily driver. I have Arko and some Coate's that I use on a rare occasion. Love the scent and the performance. Has never let me down.

How many shaves into the puck are you?

Love, love, love Tabac. It is in the #1 position in the den...I love the AS as well, and so does SWMBO...I love it most for it's awesome lather and as another poster mentioned, if I have a so-so shave one day with another soap, I always go for the TABAC the next day. I also go to it when I just want to luxuriate with the best shave I can get.

Top Bottom