What's new

Tabac

I tried tabac today. (I was lucky to get a puck for $9.99 on Amazon w free shipping.).

I liked it but it was not the best of the best. Slickness was definitely not part of its formula. But the scent was good although my wife said it smelled like old spice (which means she wasn't crazy abt it).

Tabac likes to build into pretty thick and creamy lather, and when it hits that, I would say that slickness falls a bit to the wayside on it. Try keeping it a bit thinner and looser. If you nail the water ratio, it's as slick of a lather as you'll find. Scent is always subjective... lol if you love it, you love it. If not, or if you hate it, not really any way to fix that.

I would say that your water ratio was off. Keep at it... The sweet spot is pretty easy to find on Tabac and will reward you.

Tabac likes to build into pretty thick and creamy lather, and when it hits that, I would say that slickness falls a bit to the wayside on it. Try keeping it a bit thinner and looser. If you nail the water ratio, it's as slick of a lather as you'll find. Scent is always subjective... lol if you love it, you love it. If not, or if you hate it, not really any way to fix that.

Good to know- thx. I actually really liked the scent. And you're right- the lather was nice!

I bought some, opened it up, closed it up and sold it. The stench coming off that was so bad my wife gagged and I just couldn''t bear it. I know it's all subjective but sorry guys, not for me.

Tabac and the Veg...two of the most polarizing scents on B&B!

Throw Williams into the mix and it's ripe for an epic throwdown...

Love the scent here. Get the aftershave for a complete experience! It is a top performer with big lather. I start with a slightly wetter brush and load heavy on the puck. Makes for a very luxurious shave.

If you don't dig the scent.......... You probably won't like the soap. Even if left out to air, it never really dies down too much. I used a puck in a mug and it scented my bathroom for a year.

I bought some, opened it up, closed it up and sold it. The stench coming off that was so bad my wife gagged and I just couldn''t bear it. I know it's all subjective but sorry guys, not for me.

I test lathered it twice, and couldn't handle the smell. I've yet to find a soap that I find nauseating or truly repulsive, but Tabac was getting there for me

SWMBO and I personally like the scent, luckily for me! If you thin the lather just a bit the slickness comes out. I have found Tabac to be one of the best performing soaps I have. Hopefully with some time with the soap you'll experience the same.

Whenever I experience a bad shave the day before I always gravitate to Tabac the following day because of its excellent protective performance. My face gets a chance to recover nicely. I feel it is extremely protective with excellent slickness and glide. Another benefit is that at $10.00 per puck, that's really some inexpensive shaving as I get around 100 4 pass shaves from a 4.4 oz puck. Thats about $.10/shave compared to my average of 75 different soaps of $.22/shave. While I like the scent and I have the AS, I certainly can see where it would be polarizing.

Tabac, my favourite scent.
The After Shave is stunning and the Shaving Soap is superb.
It's worth persevering if you struggle with it initially.
The Shaving Soap seems to last for decades too, I use mine a lot and it doesn't seem to be wearing down at all.

My usual Tabac lather. Photos don't do justice.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tabac is my favorite. I have used a lot of great soaps, but Tabac is just another level of quality for me. It is not my favorite scent, but I do like it.

Top Bottom