Razor: One Blade
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D3)
Brush: Vie Long J. L. Petree Horsehair
Scuttle: Woodhead Medium
Pre Shave Scrub: MRGLO
Pre Shave Balm: TSD Oakmoss Sandalwood
Shave Soap: Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

@xxlpack - That's quite a worthy picture, colorful with an impeccable arrangement. Would love to find the CF Tabac Spirit! Niely composed label of your shave also.

Thanks Ron.

The CF Tabac Spirit is made by "Laboratoires Sarbec" from France and is easy to find and buy here in Portugal almost all large supermarkets have it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ***** &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

* 05 December 2016 *

Shaving Soap/Cream - Derby ( Soap)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - LORD Classic
After shave - LEA 3in1 + Savane Vert Alizé (Lotion)

proxy.php

Simpson 2010 Limited Edition Eagle G3 in Best Badger
Stirling Sandalwood shave soap
Wilkinson Sword Sticky / Schick Super Stainless (vintage)
Speick Aftershave Lotion
Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum

MONDAY SOTD ::::: December 5, 2016

Prep: Hot shower w/Gillette Fusion ProSeries Sensitive Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Floïd
Cream: Old Spice Original
Brush: Paladin PK47 Butterscotch 26mm
Razor: iKon El Jefe SE w/iKon Special Edition handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (2)
Post Splash: Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel unscented
After Shave: Ginger’s Garden Spice Grenade

$2016-12-05-18-21-17.jpg

Last edited:
A new week begins at SOTD, Gents!!!

Hi Ron, You asked about the Lush Smoothie creme I used in my prior submission. I was walking in a mall in Grand Rapids Michigan and saw their shop. As any good shaving enthusiast/addict I stopped in to see if they had any shaving merchandise. They showed me their selection of creams and smoothies and I told the guy that I like to use a brush and their products seemed a bit different for my taste. He insisted that he give me a sample of anything I'd like to try - so I said OK and he gave me a sample of 5 o'clock Whistle. I had been on a razor acquisition string at the time and let the sample lay around for awhile while I tried out my new Gillette M2 Adj, PAA DOC Crackle, RR Black Hawk, Wunderbar, and Monster brush with more traditional soaps.

Well this past weekend I finally broke out the odd sample Lush. It is a brushless light creme. I used it with Shave Secret both times and on the second shave I also used Detroit Grooming's Ludington glycerin soap as a thin pre-shave coating. I rubbed in the Lush Smoothie into my skin on top of the pre-shave and let it set a few minutes as recommended. The scent was a strong lime fragrance that was very fresh. You must like limes or your definitely will not like this product.

The results were amazing to my surprise. I reapplied a coating of the smoothie each pass. The slickness was excellent, but it did shave off in the razor a bit goopy. It did not clog my razors, but it fell off in plops and was a bit messy. Nevertheless, the shave was BBS and the post shave left my skin very moisturized and soft. My skin felt absolutely great all day.

The bottomline is that I wound up enjoying this product a lot. I am glad I gave it a try and I would like to get a tub to use as something different in the rotation when maybe I'm short on lathering time, or want to treat my skin to a nice moisturizing, healing shave. It is different enough, that it may not be for everyone, and if you must use a brush, then this is not for you. I will be going back to Grand Rapids later this month for a show and will probably pick up a tub for future use. I think it is actually a good, high quality product.

Steve

12/05/16 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
Shave Secret Pre-Shave Oil
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE Pre-Shave Soap
Italian Barber Amici Shaving Soap
Perfecto Badger Brush
Crown King Dual Chamber Scuttle
Gillette M2 Gen 1 Slim Adjustable Razor - Setting 4
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 7th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Homemade Mandarin Generic Distilled Witch Hazel
Italian Barber Amici After Shaving Splash
$161205 SOTD IMG_3830.jpg

proxy.php

Schick Canadian Injector / G type | Schick Krona Blade / Schick Blade | RR Zi'Peppino | Omega S-Brush

How did the vintage Krona blade perform?
It is on its 4th or 5th shave now. It started out feeling a little rough, but the performance was there. It seemed to fade quickly. Today's shave will be the last with it. I brought a G type with a modern blade as backup for today's shave. I finished today's shave with the backup.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Nice photo! I have been very intrigued by the Dirt soap & AS. How do you like it? I have used a number of PAA soaps and AS's and have been pleased by their performance - especially the strong of the AS's. I assume these will work the same, based on formulas, so I am mostly interested in the scent. Thanks.

Steve

I like it very much! The soap smells of pure earth while the A/S is a bit sweeter thanks to the clary sage and patchouli. One of my favorite scents for sure!

Hi Ron, You asked about the Lush Smoothie creme I used in my prior submission. I was walking in a mall in Grand Rapids Michigan and saw their shop. As any good shaving enthusiast/addict I stopped in to see if they had any shaving merchandise. They showed me their selection of creams and smoothies and I told the guy that I like to use a brush and their products seemed a bit different for my taste. He insisted that he give me a sample of anything I'd like to try - so I said OK and he gave me a sample of 5 o'clock Whistle. I had been on a razor acquisition string at the time and let the sample lay around for awhile while I tried out my new Gillette M2 Adj, PAA DOC Crackle, RR Black Hawk, Wunderbar, and Monster brush with more traditional soaps.

Well this past weekend I finally broke out the odd sample Lush. It is a brushless light creme. I used it with Shave Secret both times and on the second shave I also used Detroit Grooming's Ludington glycerin soap as a thin pre-shave coating. I rubbed in the Lush Smoothie into my skin on top of the pre-shave and let it set a few minutes as recommended. The scent was a strong lime fragrance that was very fresh. You must like limes or your definitely will not like this product.

The results were amazing to my surprise. I reapplied a coating of the smoothie each pass. The slickness was excellent, but it did shave off in the razor a bit goopy. It did not clog my razors, but it fell off in plops and was a bit messy. Nevertheless, the shave was BBS and the post shave left my skin very moisturized and soft. My skin felt absolutely great all day.

The bottomline is that I wound up enjoying this product a lot. I am glad I gave it a try and I would like to get a tub to use as something different in the rotation when maybe I'm short on lathering time, or want to treat my skin to a nice moisturizing, healing shave. It is different enough, that it may not be for everyone, and if you must use a brush, then this is not for you. I will be going back to Grand Rapids later this month for a show and will probably pick up a tub for future use. I think it is actually a good, high quality product.

Steve

Thanks for the information, Steve. Its use is pretty much as I thought it would be. I had wondered if you'd used it with the Shave Secret since I believe SS touts itself as a shave oil to be used alone. It does sound like an alternative when lathering isn't feasible (such as traveling or when in a pinch for time). A much better option than an aerosol. I see it's available on line. Maybe I'll order a tub and give it a try. I do like the moisturizing aspect of the cream so I could see using it every couple of weeks of so for a change of pace.

I don’t know why I don’t do this more often, which is mixing Cryogen with Amici. It makes for a wonderfully slick, creamy, chilled citrus shaving experience yielding a BBS and marvelous facefeel and fragrance.

$SOTD - 2016-12-05.jpg

Pre-shave: Nope
Razor: 1961 Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fat Boy” (WTG = 5, XTG = 5 & ATG = 3)
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Patriotic, Bi-centennial handle with a 24mm TGN Finest knot
Soap: Chiseled Face Groomatorium’s Cryogen followed by Italian Barber’s Amici
Water: Cold
Alum Block: Yes, with no wincing.
Post Shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe
Aftershave Balm: Nope
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Groomatorium’s Cryogen followed by Italian Barber’s Amici
Fragrance: Invictus

Parker Variant razor
Gillette Silver Blue blade
VDH/TGN Silver Tip franken brush
Taconic Mint&Eucalyptus SC
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Skin Bracer A/S w/added menthol

Set the Parker at 2.75 for the Gillette blade and it worked very well. However, I think it would be better at 3. Regardless, it was a smooth, easy, comfortable shave with great results. The Taconic SC is very nice, lathered easily with a nice cooling sensation and good cushion and glide. I like it. And this week I will be using my badger/boars brushes as they have been looking forlorn on the shelf cuz I like synthetic's better and use them a lot more. Gonna be a rainy day here but I don't care cuz I look/smell/feel great. Now go enjoy your day folks.

:thumbup1:

Tuesday's Shave
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

Ralf Aust 5/8
Semogue 620
Fine Green Vetiver shave soap
Fine Green Vetiver aftershave splash
Brut Special Reserve Cologne

proxy.php

Have a nice Tuesday Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.