What's new

I take back everything I said about Stirling Soaps

So, I have to take back everything I said about Stirling Soaps. I said in several posts on here that I found them mediocre. It turns out, the fault was mine and I still wasn't lathering them well even though I had been in the hobby several months (they were probably the second soap I tried). I've now been in the hobby over a year and tried Stirling again, mostly because they came out with another batch of Peach soap which I really like, and no one else that I've found makes a Peach scent.

I've now been shaving with them all fall and they are hands down my favorite. Somehow they manage to be protective AND slick at the same time, without sacrificing either. I think I even like them better than my other favorite, MWF, and I also like them better than Haslinger Schafsmilch.

If you, like me, had written these soaps off when you were new to the hobby, maybe give them a try again. I think you'll be glad you did, especially given the variety of scents you can get nowhere else. I've currently got a Christmas Eve puck in the mail now that I've finished destroying my fall Red Delicious puck.

PS - I have to give the [MENTION=22302]Marco[/MENTION] method credit for improving my lathers. Once I tried that and switched away from bowl lathering to palm lathering, they got a lot better. I don't think there's anything wrong with bowl lathering, but I've come to believe it's probably not the best way to start the hobby, because lack of tactile feedback you get from palm or face lathering makes it harder to learn.

Glad you're enjoying Stirling! They were my first soap & now have so many it's ridiculous but they're still one of my favorites with out a doubt!

So, I have to take back everything I said about Stirling Soaps. I said in several posts on here that I found them mediocre. It turns out, the fault was mine and I still wasn't lathering them well even though I had been in the hobby several months (they were probably the second soap I tried). I've now been in the hobby over a year and tried Stirling again, mostly because they came out with another batch of Peach soap which I really like, and no one else that I've found makes a Peach scent.

I've now been shaving with them all fall and they are hands down my favorite. Somehow they manage to be protective AND slick at the same time, without sacrificing either. I think I even like them better than my other favorite, MWF, and I also like them better than Haslinger Schafsmilch.

If you, like me, had written these soaps off when you were new to the hobby, maybe give them a try again. I think you'll be glad you did, especially given the variety of scents you can get nowhere else. I've currently got a Christmas Eve puck in the mail now that I've finished destroying my fall Red Delicious puck.

PS - I have to give the [MENTION=22302]Marco[/MENTION] method credit for improving my lathers. Once I tried that and switched away from bowl lathering to palm lathering, they got a lot better. I don't think there's anything wrong with bowl lathering, but I've come to believe it's probably not the best way to start the hobby, because lack of tactile feedback you get from palm or face lathering makes it harder to learn.
Never tried it, but Dr. John's makes Georgia peach.

Striling and Mystic water soaps need more experience lathering them.
They are magnificent soaps with creamy lather.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Hard to beat Stirling prepared using Marco Method. I use Ozark Mountain a lot this time of year because it smells like a Christmas tree to me.

Stirling is a very close second to my favorite, Soap Commander. I find Stirling soaps a bit thirsty, and I load the brush a little longer when I use them. But once you get a feel for lathering Stirling soaps, they are simply tremendous performers.

Stirling is in the my TOP 3 when it comes to artisans.

My three favorite artisan soaps are Stirling, Soap Commander, and Barrister and Mann in no particular order.

I have 10 Stirling soaps in the den, from Sandalwood to a couple of Glacials. They are all extremely good. Lots of soap + lots of water = great shaves. The splashes are fantastic too.

Stirling is my A#1 favorite soap. But I too had used them a while ago and was put off by a background scent that was somewhat unappealing, but the performance was always outstanding. But someone told me that they had switched vendors for one of the ingrediants, a few months back (or several months, I can't recall exactly) so I gave them another shot. I'm glad I did, because now I've used 35 different scents of theirs - excellent scents and still excellent performers. But my personal favorites are: Iced Pineapple, Spice, Piacenza, and Executive Man.

Top Bottom