What's new

May be going to France, what to keep an eye out for

Hi all,

It looks like I may be going to Crolles France this week for business. Anybody have some suggestions on what soaps/creams to be on the look out for and what stores/shops carry them?

I would love to get some MDC there, but I've never tried it.

Thanks all!

Of course, get some MdC. You definitely won't regret it. You might also keep an eye out for Savone des Volcans. It is a fine artisan soap. You can get Le Pere Lucien in the US, but it might be cheaper in France.

That's quite southeast of France. Almost possible to get a bit of skiing in!
Might be tricky to find a suitable store that'll stock some of the French artisan soaps :bored:

Watch out for a giant circle that goes around this big old arch. People there are crazy. The view from the top is incredible though.

Hi all,

It looks like I may be going to Crolles France this week for business. Anybody have some suggestions on what soaps/creams to be on the look out for and what stores/shops carry them?

Thanks all!
French adjustable razors L'essor le supreme ..I pay top dollar

Hi all,

Thanks all!
French adjustable razors L'essor le supreme ..I pay top dollar $wm_normal_100_1403.JPG

Hi all,

Thanks all!

What do you do that takes you international if you dont mind me asking? As I transition into the civilian world I would like to look for a job that has some travel with it.

What do you do that takes you international if you dont mind me asking? As I transition into the civilian world I would like to look for a job that has some travel with it.
Not a problem. I'm in Technical Support for a Semiconductor company. We specialize in yield management do I don't have to deal with all those nasty chemicals which is a good thing [emoji1]

He's going to be about 8 hours away from the MdC. It's quite hard to find outside of their shop.

Crolles is in the mountains, and it's a bit of a tourist trap. There's a lot of souvenir shops but the prices are quite a bit higher than what you would expect in the metropolitan areas or online. You'll probably see Joris, Montsavon and Creed shaving soaps. If you see any razors or blades, they'll probably be Merkur.

I would look for Brut and Pinaud products. The French products in this line are much better than their American counterparts and are not available online. If you were to purchase something like this and didn't like it, a fellow B&Ber would immediately take it off your hands.
Thanks for your reply. You think I'd have more luck in Lyon?

Carrefour in Dubai was a really neat store with some awesome stuff for sale! While I wasn't shopping for razors, the food, kitchen and, clothing items were really nice and reasonably priced.

I think that you would. I found some Pinaud 1888 at a store called Printemps Homme. That was four years ago so I don't know if they're still stocking the shave stuff. They had a pretty good variety of supplies, at a fairly reasonable price. Merkur razors, Creed, etc. Go to Crolles for the scenery, then go to Lyon for the shopping. :thumbup:

Printemps Homme has a nice shaving section at least when I was in the Paris store two years ago.

I think that you would. I found some Pinaud 1888 at a store called Printemps Homme. That was four years ago so I don't know if they're still stocking the shave stuff. They had a pretty good variety of supplies, at a fairly reasonable price. Merkur razors, Creed, etc. Go to Crolles for the scenery, then go to Lyon for the shopping. [emoji106]

Printemps Homme has a nice shaving section at least when I was in the Paris store two years ago.
Great info here, thank you very much. I'll keep an eye out for this store for sure!

Those are great pics, thanks for sharing. What were the prices like? Are they comparable to what i see online? I'm gonna try going to the one in Lyon this weekend.

They were as I call department store prices, i.e., full retail prices. The MdC was the same price as was sold by MdC. They had an extensive selection of Plisson brushes and they were the same as Plisson charged. The saleslady I spoke to spoke perfect English and was quite knowledgeable. She knew more about straights than I did!

Top Bottom