What's new

Tips for using Merker Futur? Alternaves to my 23c

Hey guys, I have used the Merkur 23c for close to 2 years now and saw a deal for the Futur. I bought it and noticed its kinda slippery? Any of you have this problem? Thinking of returning it :|.

WIll i get use to it? I think the pattern on the 23c offers better grip - any other models that I should possibly adopt?

I'm a fan of knurled handles. If you really like the razor you might see if a handle from Maggard Razors, or another vendor, will work better for you.

I saw another member who had either bought or self-manufactured a piece of rubber or foam that fit the handle nicely and allowed for a good grip.while shaving with the Futur. Hopefully, he'll see this, as I can't recall who it was. You might search the threads as well.

The handle is integral with the razor head (bottom half). So....
You could-
1. Get it bead blasted I guess. Not sure how that might work out though
2. Find one of those rubber grippy things that come on pens. Worry it off in one piece and slip it over the Futur handle. I did that and it worked fine...until some jerk stole the razor

$IMG_4507.JPG

Kinda like one of these

Last edited:
When I had this razor, which I sold after a month of so, I ended up putting masking tape on the handle each time I shaved to improve the grip.

I have never had any problem with the grip on mine. I have the silver grey satin finish. Light grip needed anyway! My favourite of my many razors.

Slipping a bit of rubber tube over sounds a simple fix to me if you have problems

Gareth

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Touch your fingertips on an alum block, and you're grip will be greatly improved.

Just like was said previously, run your fingers over an alum block. Also you can get heat shrink wrap for cable connections and such. Get the size you need, slip it onto the handle then just use a hair blow dryer on heat and it will shrink and tighten around the handle. Amazon, Computer store, or electrical supply house will have them. Good luck, the Futur is a great razor. It's in my rotation of razors... :thumbup1:

Top Bottom