What's new

The NG

Introduction: I'm actually a year into wet shaving with a DE but have used a badger brush and soap for two years. I had to shave everyday when I was Active Duty Air Force and of course my sensitive skin hated it. Razor burn and bumps and god forbid I had to shave in the field with cold water. I would bleed like a stuck pig. When I got out I of course only shaved when I had to (Guard weekend) and then soon not at all. I can grow a decent beard...not great but pretty good. Problem was, the wife hated it so then I hated it. Upkeep also meant shaving my most sensitive neck area so razor burn was still an issue. One night while on the Mid Shift I just googled "How to stop razor burn?" and my face has never been happier with me.
I hate to say it but I did go to AoS for my first brush and some sandalwood soap but they didnt have DE razors in the store, so I didn't know they were still a thing, and I laughed my butt off seeing $90 for a Mach 5/Fusion. I stuck to a brush and the travel set of soap, oil, and balm. When that finally ran out I looked for more soap from a cheaper source and BAM the world of wet shaving was fully open to me. I haven't looked back since.
I'm fully vested now enjoying multiple brushes, soaps, and modern and vintage razors. I've lurked on here a few times with out ever joining but was recently recommended to join from a member on one of the Facebook pages. I am a Moderator on a smallish motorcycle forum so you dont really have to worry about me being a trouble maker. And I know how to use the search button!

Arill0

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Welcome to Badger and Blade, Arill0.

And you are good at using Google to do research. Very good.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. To get your Veteran badge, go to the Veterans Roll-call in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of the Shave Wiki. While you are there, be sure to join the Foxhole Shavers Club, too.

Thanks everyone! Just picked up a Rolls Razor and a Geo. Wostenholn & Son Pipe Razor for $25. Time to do some research on that. Looks like the "F" got taken out of my original title. I now know to not even allude to those kind of words. Going over to the Vet page now!

Thanks everyone! Just picked up a Rolls Razor and a Geo. Wostenholn & Son Pipe Razor for $25. Time to do some research on that. Looks like the "F" got taken out of my original title. I now know to not even allude to those kind of words. Going over to the Vet page now!
Thanks for the military service and welcome

Top Bottom