What's new

What Are The Best Tobacco Colognes To Come Out Within The Last 5 To 10 Years MAX

Since many of the best tobacco cologne threads all feature colognes that came out many years ago, I thought it would be interesting to see if there have been any tobacco colognes within the last 5 to 10 years that I have proven to be very impressive.

I mean a REAL tobacco cologne - it's very obvious and a prominent note in the cologne. Not something with a slight hint of tobacco underneath a million other notes.

Some people like a more sweet tobacco or tobacco with vanilla colognes (like the popular Tobacco Vanille) , where as I prefer a more old school tobacco - cigars, booze, leather, woods, spice, etc.

So regardless of your tobacco cologne preference - has anyone made a game changer in a the last 5 to 10 years that puts it among the best tobacco colognes ever?

Feel free to list your favorite tobacco colognes of all time as well in a separate list.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I am more of a cigar man. :001_smile

Now I know why you're looking for cologne! :lol: Truthfully, I just got some sticks in today, so you're okay in my book. :thumbup1:

I'm not much of a frag guy, though, so I'll step aside and let someone who actually has some advice or recommendations chime in.

I think tom Ford tobacco Vanille for me is up there. It's basically what it's name says. Tobacco and vanilla. Heavy to. PDM herod is an amazing tobacco scent as well. I never thought a tobacco fragrance would beat tv but Herod is slowly becoming my favorite.

I'll be interested to find out if there are any new colognes out there to rival classics like Tabac Original or Varon Dandy

Hilde Soliani's Bel'Antonio is an amazing, fresh, green tobacco frag. She captured the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigs, right as you rip the foil from the pack, and mixed that with a bit of black coffee. This one does not smell at all like pipe smoke.

I think tom Ford tobacco Vanille for me is up there. It's basically what it's name says. Tobacco and vanilla. Heavy to. PDM herod is an amazing tobacco scent as well. I never thought a tobacco fragrance would beat tv but Herod is slowly becoming my favorite.

For me, the vanilla kills the tobacco. I don't like sweet tobacco colognes. I like tobacco colognes that are more intense and boozy, leather, spicy when it comes to additional notes. Like you time traveled to the 60's or 70's and the scent came back with you. :001_smile

Now I know why you're looking for cologne! :lol: Truthfully, I just got some sticks in today, so you're okay in my book. :thumbup1:

I'm not much of a frag guy, though, so I'll step aside and let someone who actually has some advice or recommendations chime in.

Are you a cigar enthusiast - pay over 100 dollars for a single cigar type of guy or anything goes really?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Have Versace The Dreamer, but not recommending it in this. Tobacco, but faint. Mostly coumarin.

AA

Since many of the best tobacco cologne threads all feature colognes that came out many years ago, I thought it would be interesting to see if there have been any tobacco colognes within the last 5 to 10 years that I have proven to be very impressive.

I mean a REAL tobacco cologne - it's very obvious and a prominent note in the cologne. Not something with a slight hint of tobacco underneath a million other notes.

Some people like a more sweet tobacco or tobacco with vanilla colognes (like the popular Tobacco Vanille) , where as I prefer a more old school tobacco - cigars, booze, leather, woods, spice, etc.

So regardless of your tobacco cologne preference - has anyone made a game changer in a the last 5 to 10 years that puts it among the best tobacco colognes ever?

Feel free to list your favorite tobacco colognes of all time as well in a separate list.

So many nice options!

Why the time limit??

I really wanted to like Tobacco Vanille. But on me, the tobacco smell is more like smoke/ash smell and not the smell of a humidor or tobacco barn. Any of these other colognes avoid the smoke/ash smell?

Because most tobacco threads list the same tobacco colognes over and over again. I was curious to see if there were any more recent colognes that people feel are a game changer.

The old standards probably were 'game-changers' when they were introduced!

but, for my experience, the nicest recent tobacco scent would be HTGAM/PAA Cavendish

or, budget-priced Cuba Gold

and of course, the huge TF Tobacco Vanille was launched in 2007...does that meet your time criteria??

proxy.php

proxy.php

Roja Dove Enigma pour Homme (2013) is described as having a boozy tobacco vibe.

I remember there being some buzz over Tabacco by Odori when it came out in 2008. It is outside of my price range, and I've never smelled it. It is supposed to be a pipe tobacco, and might be too sweet for you.

Jasmin et Cigarette arrived in 2006. I think it'd be more floral than what you are looking for.

Top Bottom