What's new

Tobacquisitions: December 2016

Between the Black Friday "savings" and the Secret Santa goodies, this should be a great month. Let's see 'em, fellas!

Grabbed this from my local pipe shop today. Have had a tin of the ogs before but never tried the other. Went hoping to find more virginian blends but they were sold out of alot it looked like.

$20161202_153703.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
This stuff came in yesterday along with some pipe tools, a couple of cigar cutters, a couple of Humi-care jars, and a hydrometer. The sticks in the bag are Tatuaje Reserva Nicaraguan Petites. Now, I just need to make myself a Tupperdor or swing out and pick up a humidor from my local B&M or antique store.

$IMG_20161202_185403125.jpg

$IMG_20161202_185620795.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My first acquisition in a while- Solani Aged Burley Flake. One tin is going to the winner of the NFL Survival pool. This stuff is great.

Attachments

• $IMG_2790.jpg
    $IMG_2790.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 109
Grabbed this from my local pipe shop today. Have had a tin of the ogs before but never tried the other. Went hoping to find more virginian blends but they were sold out of alot it looked like.

View attachment 706478

I just popped open my first ever tin of the Royal Yacht. Haven't fired up a bowl yet, but the tin note is very nice fresh hay sort of VA blend. Not quite as much hay notes as the OGS, but definitely enough to hint it should be a very solid VA blend. When you decide to fire it up, let me know and I'll do the same, and we can compare notes on it. :)

I remember being somewhat underwhelmed by Royal Yacht when I first tried it, but that was fresh. Micah had some well aged stuff in Vegas last year, though, that made me rethink that assessment and start stocking up on it.

I remember being somewhat underwhelmed by Royal Yacht when I first tried it, but that was fresh. Micah had some well aged stuff in Vegas last year, though, that made me rethink that assessment and start stocking up on it.

Well, if it underwhelms me, I'll jar the rest up and stash it in the back of the cellar. Though then it really begs the question of do I stock in some extra tins as well to age... always the tough choice when you hit a blend that doesn't wow up front, but reports indicate it ages to something really nice.

Well, if it underwhelms me, I'll jar the rest up and stash it in the back of the cellar. Though then it really begs the question of do I stock in some extra tins as well to age... always the tough choice when you hit a blend that doesn't wow up front, but reports indicate it ages to something really nice.

I usually err on the side of "load up" in that scenario.

To be honest royal yacht wasnt really on my want to buy list haha. Went looking for other virginia flake stuff. But the store was pretty cleaned out of the popular stuff so I just grabbed something I haven't had before :lol:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

Yeah, 20 year old RY is the stuff. Truly amazing and completely different than the younger stuff.

If only I was smarter and richer in my youth... I should have started stocking up on pipe tobacco when I was 10. :lol:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Received some lovely estate pipes.

First is a 1978 Dunhill shell 41288. It's described as a bent pot, but the overall look is much more that of a diplomat or banker.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Next is a 2009 Dunhill Cumberland 4112 stack billiard with a military mount. Super nice ring grain on this one, and the Cumberland ferrule is stunning as well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Lastly, a Peterson B59 black sandblasted pot. This one has one of the nicest blasts I've seen on a Pete.

proxy.php

Received some lovely estate pipes.

First is a 1978 Dunhill shell 41288. It's described as a bent pot, but the overall look is much more that of a diplomat or banker.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Next is a 2009 Dunhill Cumberland 4112 stack billiard with a military mount. Super nice ring grain on this one, and the Cumberland ferrule is stunning as well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Lastly, a Peterson B59 black sandblasted pot. This one has one of the nicest blasts I've seen on a Pete.

proxy.php

Amazed, but not surprised! They are stunning!:thumbup1:

This stuff came in yesterday along with some pipe tools, a couple of cigar cutters, a couple of Humi-care jars, and a hydrometer. The sticks in the bag are Tatuaje Reserva Nicaraguan Petites. Now, I just need to make myself a Tupperdor or swing out and pick up a humidor from my local B&M or antique store.

View attachment 706506

Erik, those Tatuaje Petites are addictive! If you get a cab of 50 you will smoke those little beauties all day!

Nice score on all fronts!

Top Bottom