What's new

What Would You Recommend As A Good Alternative To Michael Kors For Men?

$24999471_main_full.jpeg

I love Michael Kors For Men, but the recent bottle I bought doesn't seem to last on me very long. I order online so perhaps it was an old bottle that has been sitting in a warehouse forever.

I wanted to ask if there is a cologne that people could recommend that could almost be considered a knock off with pretty much the same notes - the same warm, thick boozy, tobacco, spicy, leather, woodsy with a splash of gasoline. Classy as hell.

Now I know some people will say Aramis Havana, but I find that to be more hash, loud and potentially offensive to those around you when it comes to tobacco scents - where as Michael Kors For Men is more sophisticated. It's for real men in a great suit who are going to close tonight if you know what I mean. :)

I would appreciate your recommendations in the same price range as Michael Kors - so under $100 dollars for sure.

Thanks!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Clubman Special Reserve meets criteria.

Havana is just a nice bay rum scent, to me. When I wish to offend, I use Grey Flannel!

AA

Clubman Special Reserve meets criteria.

Havana is just a nice bay rum scent, to me. When I wish to offend, I use Grey Flannel!

AA

Thanks!

I will check it out, but it sounds like it's just a leather heavy cologne as opposed to leather, tobacco (cigar) and boozy. I am looking for something that is definitely a tobacco cologne - just not a sweet one.

Despite people loving it, I remember some of the negative reviews for Michael Kors prior to me trying it - some people said that it smelled like cigars drenched in gasoline. That actually appealed to me. :001_smile

you can probably find it online under $100 but i really like Tom Ford for Men in the extreme version as a sleeper "manly" scent.

I would take a look at John Varvatos Vintage and Thierry Mugler Pure Havane.
The former is quite similar but it's not any better than MK in terms of performance. On the other hand, it's less expensive and you can carry a small decant around to refresh it.
The latter has some of the boozyness of the M.K., but it's a sweeter, more modern scent with a bit more appeal than the other two. Performance is top notch.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Tried MK over the weekend and agree; it's another one that doesn't last.

Nice, though.

Still like Aramis Havana better, especially in the cold weather.

AA

I myself are a big fan of MK and since I got a backup bottle of the old version I've never have to find something simular.

This one is not as rough as MK but still an awesome fragrance. Miller Harris - Feuilles de Tabac. This is a more soapy, tobacco-scent. Real gentleman stuff. Sample it [emoji106]

Top Bottom