What's new

Movie Re-Makes - Talking of the Pelham One Two Three

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... the 80s ... childhood cartoon loves become slaughtered at the almighty hands of hollywood ... People die when they get shot ...

80s Shows that should NEVER BE MADE INTO A MOVIE ...

... 2. Transformers. Bumble-Bee is a camaro? Come on!! Megatron was a gun!

Die ... and stay dead? (cough)optimus(cough)prime(cough) :001_rolle

Francis Veber.....Should, with an exception or two, leave the English, Nay, the American language well alone:rolleyes::eek:

Les fugitifs (1986):lol:
Three Fugitives (1989):001_huh:

Les compères (1983):biggrin:
Fathers' Day (1997):blushing:

Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire,(1972):biggrin:
The Man with One Red Shoe (1985):001_smile

La chèvre, (1981):biggrin:
Pure Luck (1991):blush::001_huh:

Exception!
Buddy Buddy (1981):biggrin:

:smile:mace

Die ... and stay dead? (cough)optimus(cough)prime(cough) :001_rolle

Well, I might forgive Optimus for that one. No one I knew liked Hot Rod as Rodimus Prime... You had to bring Optimus back! I mean, the decepticons had Galvatron!! Who did the autobots have? Judd Nelson voicing Hot Rod? :rolleyes:

Coming soon to a theater near you are the remakes of Barbarella, The Land of the Lost, Fantastic Voyage, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Death Race and Escape From New York.

I don't know about the first one. The original show was campy so this one may not be too bad. If they fiddle with The Day the Earth Stood Still, I will put a boot in someone's arse. At least it should be set in the fifties. What do you want to bet it is set in the present time with an "updated message" about multiculturalism, global warming, and the heartbreak of psoriasis? The original did just fine with a great moral message. Gort! Klaatu, Barada, Nikto!

Totally. As I understand it, they were originally cast to play each others' roles, but early on decided to swap roles! (Great decision!!)

If Hollywood desecrates that one, they might as well do The Man Who Would Be King next. :mad:

May both Connery and Caine stomp them flat!

Regards, Todd

John Carpenter's The Thing was a good remake of the original The Thing from another world, but if you ask me they are two very different styled films. If I remember correctly the original was a really good suspense/horror film whereas the new one was more of a horror/gorefest.

Still scared the heck out of me though.

Luc Besson's La Femme Nikita should NOT have been remade. The original was great.

If you want to be scared, read John Wood Campbells classic short story, "Who Goes There?: upon which the movies were based. In my opinion neither movie lived up to the original although the Carpenter remake was better.

One of the best Science Fiction short stories of all time is Isaac Asimov's "Nightfall". If you can find the original, and not the butchered longer made for movie version, in print you'll be awed by a story set on a planet with multiple suns that gets complete darkness once in a thousand years. It was inspired by the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote, "If the stars should appear but one night in a thousand years, how would men believe, and adore and preserve for many generations the remembrance of the City of God which they had seen."

Save your time and money. All the movie versions were pretty horrible, but the first one was the absolute worst piece of junk ever put on the screen, It was worse than "Robot Monster" and that says a lot.

Well, I might forgive Optimus for that one. No one I knew liked Hot Rod as Rodimus Prime... You had to bring Optimus back! I mean, the decepticons had Galvatron!! Who did the autobots have? Judd Nelson voicing Hot Rod? :rolleyes:

Bah. Grew up with the show and loved Judd Nelson as Hot Rod. Big fan of Rodimus. That said it still didn't bother me that Optimus returned as he is of course the greatest Transformer ever. Hot Rod is still my personal favorite though.

If you haven't seen the movie though don't judge it. I had tons of transformer toys as a kid and have the whole series on dvd now and I was actually pleasantly suprised by the movie. I own that on dvd now as well.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Bah. Grew up with the show and loved Judd Nelson as Hot Rod. Big fan of Rodimus. That said it still didn't bother me that Optimus returned as he is of course the greatest Transformer ever. Hot Rod is still my personal favorite though.

If you haven't seen the movie though don't judge it. I had tons of transformer toys as a kid and have the whole series on dvd now and I was actually pleasantly suprised by the movie. I own that on dvd now as well.

(Note to self ... put asterix beside "Prophetic Joe" ... he's nuts.)

Oh no last night on cable was the remake of "The Omen" kept flipping and on another channel was the original.

M

modern man

It is probably easier to name good remakes.

NONE! and NEVER WILL BE!

I refuse to watch the Dukes of Hazzard, Get Smart, Walking Tall, The Pink Panther, or Longest Yard.
well how could you possibly know It they were bad? Get Smart was very funny, Walking tall was pretty good, The pink panther W Steve Martin was halarous if you like him, And the longest yard wasn't bad.

I will agree that many remakes are terrible or just un original (ie Phsyco) but the ones you selected not to watch are not the worst. For What if is worth I love all 4 of the Origional plant of the apes films and I thought the remake was very good.

Top Bottom