What's new

New Version of Supply Provision Co SE

I received my new Supply SE yesterday, and took it for a spin this morning. I started with the aggressive plate, and intend to stick with it. It's amazingly mild, yet very efficient. Of all my razors, this one shaves most like a cart. I can't even feel the blade on my face. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, but I got a really nice, close shave. I'll post pictures and more details after I have a few more shaves under my belt.

Who else out there has received a V2 razor in the last few days? What do you think?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Didn't realize that they were finally mailing - Scott, did you get a mailing notice prior to receipt of the razor? I ordered one in early October after enjoying Ver.1 I guess in Michael's tour and hadn't heard anything since

I ordered one a week ago. Patrick said it would be mailed in 7-10 days. Their web site now says 5-7 day shipping. Haven't received mine as yet. Really looking forward to it.

Didn't realize that they were finally mailing - Scott, did you get a mailing notice prior to receipt of the razor? I ordered one in early October after enjoying Ver.1 I guess in Michael's tour and hadn't heard anything since

Yes, Gary, I got an email from Patrick last week that the razor was shipping. I ordered mine many months ago, so I suspect he's working through the list.

What s are the differences between v2 and v1 ?

V1 apparently had some issues with the injection system. I understand perfectly acceptable workarounds were available, but I elected to wait for V2. What's a few more months? By the way, the injector worked perfectly this morning.

I received mine last Friday. I had received notice a week or so before that it was shipping. I also was on the V1, list and opted to wait. I feel it's an outstanding piece of equipment. Finish is first rate.

Ron I

Received mine today. Shaved with the 2 dot one, medium aggressiveness?
Anyway, like the OP I couldn't feel anything being cut. Only did 2 passes as it's Saturday evening, but I had a great shave. I'll use it a few more times with this set up and then try the more aggressive model.
First impressions are very good, though.

Received mine today. Shaved with the 2 dot one, medium aggressiveness?
Anyway, like the OP I couldn't feel anything being cut. Only did 2 passes as it's Saturday evening, but I had a great shave. I'll use it a few more times with this set up and then try the more aggressive model.
First impressions are very good, though.

Does it take twinjector blades ?

I emailed Patrick with this very question on Monday. Here's what he said:

"I have not personally tried the twinjector blades in The Single Edge, but I have had customers report that they do not fit. Sorry about that! If you're feeling up to an experiment, you're more than welcome to give it a try - there's little you can do to damage the razor. But I wouldn't expect too much to come of it, unfortunately."

Haven't tried them. Money is tight these days so not willing to buy the blades to try them, sorry.

I have a version 1 that I quite like. I also have a few unopened blister packs of vintage Personna Injector II blades stashed in a cupboard somewhere. It had never even occurred to me to try them in this razor, but since the question has now been raised, I'll sacrifice one to the cause of scientific knowledge and report back later today...

Last edited:

Ok, I have now checked my Version 1 with a vintage Personna Injector II blade, and the answer is "sort of, maybe". The blade would not inject properly. However, I was able to fit it in the razor by removing the screw, taking off the faceplate and then setting the blade in place and screwing everything together again. The blade looks like it is seated properly with the right gap between the blades.

I don’t know how well it shaves; I will try this razor and blade combo tonight to see. However it seems the razor will at least fit the twinjector blades as long as you are willing to place them manually.

And, of course, this is a Version 1. I have no way of knowing whether the changes to Version 2 will change the answer.

I experimented with my version 1 when I first got it and after destroying a twinblade decided that while it may be possible to shoehorn one in, I could not get it to seat properly without damaging the corners of the blade.

Besides, it shaves great for me with the aggressive base plate and a vintage Personna 74 blade.

--Bob

Hello,

I am fairly new to this site and have not posted much... so forgive me for being a newbie. I ordered and received The Single Edge V2 Custom (3 base plates) about a week ago. I think it is a very good razor and required an adjustment in my technique. First, you should watch the first 2 videos posted here. Take note that the blade may rub against the blade stop as it is being inserted into the razor, thus dulling the blade. V2 has not given me any issues, but I am careful when inserting the blade. Some will prefer to remove the base plate, insert the blade, and tighten the screw.

Compared to a double-edge razor, I am finding I get the best results when the blade angle is very shallow and I use very light pressure. In one of the aforementioned videos, Patrick says the razor should be tilted down about 10 degrees (about 30 degrees for a double-edge) and to use very little pressure. The sensation is a blade that glides across my face and I am not certain my whiskers are being cut. But, they are. Another tip is that I am resting the end of the razor's handle on my pinky finger. I find this technique, and locking my wrist, helps me find the proper blade angle and keep it in place while shaving. This advice is something I picked up when I was learning how to use a double-edge razor. Over the past week I have seen my results improve. So far, I have been sticking with the 2-dot base (medium) but will try the aggressive one in a week or two. I hope this helps.
Cheers!

I'm getting effortlessly wonderful shaves with this razor. I've only tried the medium plate and the first blades that came with the razor. The lack of audible feedback took some getting used to, but I'm getting wonderful, irritation free shaves right from the first few days. An amazing razor!

I received mine yesterday and used it this morning, with the "classic" plate. I know it does not use the acclaimed Feather blades, but honestly it was the smoothest shaving razor I have used in several years, no scrapes or nicks at all.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I received mine yesterday and used it this morning, with the "classic" plate. I know it does not use the acclaimed Feather blades, but honestly it was the smoothest shaving razor I have used in several years, no scrapes or nicks at all.

Sounds good - mine finally reached my local PO after my guy left for his route this morning :(

Jeff - I'm curious about the acclaimed Feather blade reference, since I have never hear of Feather making an injector blade. I love their DE's and use the Artist Club format blades, even have some to fit my Autostrop, but not an Injector Feather?

Top Bottom