What's new

New Version of Supply Provision Co SE

BBS with Personna (classic) , Plus Platinum (aggressive) , and now with trimmed Super (mild) .
proxy.php

Has anyone been able to get BBS with this razor?
Not yet with the Supply blade, and I haven't tried the Schick blades or the AC cut-down. That shouldn't be taken as a reflection of the razor, though. It's more a reflection of my developing technique with the SE. The most efficient cutting angle is fairly narrow, thereby making it a "mild" razor even with the 3-dot plate. A DFS is easily achievable for me now, but I certainly expect to get closer shaves as I hone in on the most effecient angle. A very smooth shaver regardless.

Do you mind offering us the tool and technique you use to cut down the Pro Super blades? I'm interested in giving this a try myself.

Has anyone been able to get BBS with this razor?

Yes! On a regular basis.

I really love this razor and the entire package, which I opted for. I only use the most aggressive head and consistently get BBS shaves.

I agree too that their soap is quite good, their AS is exceptional. I want to love the brush...love the size and the handle but I'm having a hard time getting it to splay to my liking.

Highly recommend!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've only used the razor for 5 days during Michael's passaround earlier in the year (ver 1 I guess), and since mine (Ver 2?)was delivered here Monday this week. The one failure to achieve near perfect shave was the first try, when I used the milder plate and a Personna blade, which yielded a very acceptable one pass shave. I have gotten perfect results on my wiry beard with the aggressive plate and both modern Chinese Schicks as well as vintage Plus Platinums. I can't see any need to fiddle around with one of the shavette blades when what is available that fits the razor without a hack works so well.

I've only used the razor for 5 days during Michael's passaround earlier in the year (ver 1 I guess), and since mine (Ver 2?)was delivered here Monday this week. The one failure to achieve near perfect shave was the first try, when I used the milder plate and a Personna blade, which yielded a very acceptable one pass shave. I have gotten perfect results on my wiry beard with the aggressive plate and both modern Chinese Schicks as well as vintage Plus Platinums. I can't see any need to fiddle around with one of the shavette blades when what is available that fits the razor without a hack works so well.
I agree the Plus Platinum gives a great shave but they aren't readily available. AC blades are ubiquitous and the Pros are actually cheaper than Chicks ($12/20). Certainly not necessary but if you have them anyway, as a lot of us do, it's no big deal to put them to use.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I agree the Plus Platinum gives a great shave but they aren't readily available. AC blades are ubiquitous and the Pros are actually cheaper than Chicks ($12/20). Certainly not necessary but if you have them anyway, as a lot of us do, it's no big deal to put them to use.

That's a fair point, guess if you need to chop them up to get some use out of them the shavette blades can work. I had them in my mind at around a buck a blade, more than new Schicks are at my local drugstore. And there are Plus Plats on the Bay almost constantly under a buck a blade. But I see that the Supers are only about $14 for 20 just now, so I guess that's a deal. What do you do with the useless part of the blade then? I do have some Feather Professional Supers for my ATT SE2 .. and tin snips in the garage. Will have to give them a try some day

What do you do with the useless part of the blade then?

Err....looking for a teeny tiny razor to use the cut off end of course... No luck so far.

Many of us are fond enough of the AC blades to take that extra 15 seconds it takes to snip a blade. I use them in my E, G, and O clone.

Last edited:
How would this injector be compared to, say, a mongoose or an original cobra?

I don't have a Cobra, but my Alumigoose and SS Mongoose are both much more aggressive (especially with a Super Pro, my blade of choice). I may have said it earlier, but the Supply injector provides virtually no blade feel for me even though it's a great shave, and reminds me of my decades of experience with a cartridge. Without the gunk buildup between the multi-blades...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
That is similar to my experience with the mongoose and cobra. While they were certainly aggressive, I didn’t find them all that efficient.
This injector looks very mild (unaggressive) which is what I want. The question I guess is, how efficient is it?

That is similar to my experience with the mongoose and cobra. While they were certainly aggressive, I didn’t find them all that efficient.
This injector looks very mild (unaggressive) which is what I want. The question I guess is, how efficient is it?
The 3-dot (aggressive) plate is very efficient with the correct angle in my experience. The razor is very mild in the sense that there is little blade feel and very little chance to cause irritation if the razor is used at a 5-10 degree cutting angle. It requires less thought and effort to get a good shave than in my experience with other SE and DE razors. I do like a more aggressive razor on some days, but the Supply SE provides a close, comfortable shave every time for me.

The 3-dot (aggressive) plate is very efficient with the correct angle in my experience. The razor is very mild in the sense that there is little blade feel and very little chance to cause irritation if the razor is used at a 5-10 degree cutting angle. It requires less thought and effort to get a good shave than in my experience with other SE and DE razors. I do like a more aggressive razor on some days, but the Supply SE provides a close, comfortable shave every time for me.

This says it perfectly. I used my Supply again this morning and was again astounded at how close it shaves, with no blade feel whatsoever. I usually like the feel of an aggressive, blade-forward razor but, I have to admit, there's something about having a BBS worry-free shave once in awhile, not to mention the outstanding design. I will definitely have this razor among my regular rotation, alongside aggressive classics like the R41 2011, Ikon Shavecraft Tech, Schick E2, Mongoose, MMOC, etc.

It's early days, but I've had a slightly different experience so far in terms of aggressiveness. While not as close as what I can get from an ATT SE1 or RX, I've had good luck with the 2 dot, and find it pretty mild. With the 3 dot, surprisingly I have found it more aggressive than I was expecting and not really been able to the excellent results others have so far. I suspect it's my technique, but probably will go back to the two dot plate for a bit before giving the three dot another shot.

That said, I like the razor a lot and it's nice to have something with a smaller head compared to the AC blade razors for a change of pace.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I got this razor for Christmas. I have been using the aggressive plate, because an ikon tech is my daily driver.

This is a completely different experience... no feedback to speak of. it's really tough to get the angle right.

What angle do you guys find best? I am trying a shallow angle as per this link. still inconsistent.

Top Bottom