What's new

I'm tired of my crappy kitchen knifes

Going to push the button on a 2 piece Wolstof classic Ikon with creme handle. Figured id start with two and see how she likes them before getting any more. But before i do ...

Anyone own these creme handles? Do they look nice? Any comments on them? I was just thinking the wife might like something other than black but id go black if the creme dont look or feel nice.

Comments?

Going to push the button on a 2 piece Wolstof classic Ikon with creme handle. Figured id start with two and see how she likes them before getting any more. But before i do ...

Anyone own these creme handles? Do they look nice? Any comments on them? I was just thinking the wife might like something other than black but id go black if the creme dont look or feel nice.

Comments?

I don't own any in the creme handles, nor have I seen one in person. I do know that they are harder to come by and command a premium as a result, so if you're looking to eventually complete a set you might have a harder time doing so that if you went with the standard black handles.

I don't own any in the creme handles, nor have I seen one in person. I do know that they are harder to come by and command a premium as a result, so if you're looking to eventually complete a set you might have a harder time doing so that if you went with the standard black handles.

Well, The Ikon Cream is the same cost as the Ikon black handles. I like the look of the shape on the ikons. More curve in the handle and the classic have the half bolster. This is why I chose this model. Still waiting for anyone that owns these to post up. I think I'd better put my order in in the next two days or it might be too late for Christmas.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Still waiting for anyone that owns these to post up

After using a set of Cutco knives that were given to my wife and I as a wedding gift I decided to upgrade the knives I use most out of the set. I went with the Wushof Classic Ikon 9 inch Chef and 3.5 inch paring knife. Both of these are excellent knives and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Even though Japanese knives are all the rage now I went with the classic German steel/design for my most used knives because I'm used to using this style/design. Both are extremely sharp and hold an edge well.

I also bought a Tojiro DP 6 inch utility knife just to see if I liked the feel of a Japanese style knife. The knife is as comfortable as the the Wustofs but feels much lighter in the hand. If the Wustof's are "razor" sharp then the Tojiro is laser sharp. I can slice onions and tomatoes so thin with this knife that you can see through them. I don't use it as much as the other two because the harder VG 10 steel can chip easier, but it is my go to knife for cutting soft vegetables.

Make sure that you get a good Honing rod too.

$IMG_3997.jpg

The Tojiro DP is a great knife. I have used mine in a professional kitchen environment and it did everything I asked without a whimper. Much recommended. I would humbly suggest taking a look at the Tojiro ITK while you're at it.

Traditional Japanese kitchen cutlery. White steel does need some attention, but it's capable of sick-scary edges. Pretty good pricing too.

These may not be as high end as some of the blades discussed but both my wife and I really like the knives we have purchased from Rada Cuttlery. The sharpener they sell keeps the blades razor sharp and they are very reasonably priced.

http://www.radacutlery.com/

I'm tired of my crappy knifes that I use in the kitchen. Does anybody know where I can get a good knife set for a decent price and Something that will last a long time? I've also been looking around for cyber Monday deals and I haven't found anything but then again I don't know much about knife sets

Get a set of Case or Old Hickory Kitchen knives!

Top Bottom